Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > New Members

New Members New members to the forum are welcomed here.

Site Search:

Old 10-20-2008
jcoop0001

Default New and Depressed

Well,

Bought a 83FC last week. Have been looking for quite awhile all over the western US.

Found what we where looking for, A nice Very Low mile 58K with a rear double bed.

Parked it at my fathers house untill I could get some trees trimmed.

Today was the day to see if I could get it up the drive. Made a couple stabes at it and failed. The back spent a little time on the rollers (4-6feet) but the real problem was when the front wheels dropped into the low part of the road and the front bumper hit the ground..........

I think this thing is close to the correct height, I know the suspension has ride hight on it so I am wondering if I can get a couple more inches out of the ride hieght or not.
Guess I will have to get under it (after blocking it up) and see what I can do.......

Had looked for on to try on our drive locally, but had no succes, so here we sit.

ths
Old 10-20-2008
Just the Driver

John,

Is there a way you could place a 2 X 10 in the low spot and clear the bumper? Just a thought.......

Bryan and Karen Altier
2006 M450 LXI. “Ruffin it EZ II”
2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock
Greenville, SC
Altierb@bellsouth.net
Old 10-20-2008
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoop0001 View Post
Well,

Bought a 83FC last week. Have been looking for quite awhile all over the western US.

Found what we where looking for, A nice Very Low mile 58K with a rear double bed.

Parked it at my fathers house untill I could get some trees trimmed.

Today was the day to see if I could get it up the drive. Made a couple stabes at it and failed. The back spent a little time on the rollers (4-6feet) but the real problem was when the front wheels dropped into the low part of the road and the front bumper hit the ground..........

I think this thing is close to the correct height, I know the suspension has ride hight on it so I am wondering if I can get a couple more inches out of the ride hieght or not.
Guess I will have to get under it (after blocking it up) and see what I can do.......

Had looked for on to try on our drive locally, but had no succes, so here we sit.

ths

Hi John,

I'm not sure that I'm understanding your discription of what happened to cause the front buper to hit the road, but let me ask a question, did you raise the air springs by flipping up the suspension dump switch?

Check out this PDF file found under the Suspension section of the Downloads sub-forum under RIDEWELL AIR BAGS SHOCKS HEIGHT CONTROL.pdf this will give you the correct measurements of the proper distance to set the heigh control valves.

Good Luck.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 10-20-2008
jcoop0001

Don't know about that trick?

so you just dump and return to normal?

My driveway goes up from the road so there is a low spot between the crown of the road and my drive. I might be able to place some boards, but it may take allot of them to get it up the drive.
Old 10-20-2008
Administrator

As John stated not sure I understand, Check the height to pavement front and rear on a level surface.
Try driving up the driveway forward then try backing-up, Sometimes just another angle approach may help.
Old 10-20-2008
jcoop0001

I didn't try even going up nose first. Think the results would be even worse, just because of the crown.

The bags where aired up, not sure that they are adjusted correctly. will have to find some flat pavement I can work on it.

thx
Old 10-20-2008
jcoop0001

another question, if the height is correct, is there any problem with raising it up an inch or two?

Wish there was a way to raise it up just to get it up the driveway. I know it can be adjusted, but wish I could flip a switch and do the same thing, then after up the drive I could flip a switch and return it to normal.

Thanks
Old 10-20-2008

Sorry for your trouble, sure would like to see a picture of your driveway.
Cape Cod,ma
Old 10-20-2008

Default Driveway

New and depressed:
I too have the same problem. I cannot drive in or back into the driveway head on. I always have to take it at an angle and that works for me.

I do not have the measurements on the coach but it is possible to adjust the ride height on these coaches, I would think you could get an additional 2 inches out of it, but the center of gravity would be that much further up too when you drive down the road, which I would think is not good.
Old 10-20-2008
Forum owner

that driveway must be rough!

i think the driveway needs work,before you have to work on the generator,the fuel tank,the radiator and anything else thats low on the coach!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com