Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your PT or WB model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....list your PT Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 02-29-2016
ANOTHER REDNECK

Unhappy driver side heater fan R/R

OK!!!!!!!!

driver side heater fan noisy and smelling like it let smoke out

so you cannot get to these from the front of the bus.......NO WAY

so had to figure out how to take the big panel out with foot rest on it...

take off trim beside door-6 screws phillips head
take 3 big phillips screw out under the trim
now it needs the smaller screws under the panel mounted on screen
and 1 stupid placed screw in middle drawer compartment after taking out middle drawer

NOW PANEL (WOOD/FORMICA NICE HEAVY) WILL COME OUT!!!!!!!!

Blower motoer is the one closest to driver! 5 more screws and whole panel with 2 motors and fan assembly's will be removed......
on to finding a cheap mtr....hard to find a good part number for the motor!!!!

fasco 2807-513-100 same as kool-o-matic fan upstairs!!!
exhange numbers match to 1968 FORD LTD with out a factory air unit
will find out tomorrow parts is cheap at
advance auto parts 35504=21 bux
napa has one 56 bux
orileys 50 bux
0228072 — Blue Bird CW Heater Motor is 48 bux

hope this helps as I could not find this info and did the homework and got er dun!!!!!
USAR Retired
Pleasanton Tx 78064
Do not use PM... please use
rwoody@fullnet.net
http://www.ebay.com/usr/woody19571

Old 02-29-2016

Info now added to our Blue Box. Thanks. Don
Old 1 Week Ago

Default Is there two heater blower motors for 1994 Bluebird wander lodge?

Hello, We have a 1994 Bluebird. Are there one heater blower motor for the passenger and one for the drivers side? Or just one? what is the easiest way to replace them? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Best Tana & Mike
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanahaddenham View Post
Hello, We have a 1994 Bluebird. Are there one heater blower motor for the passenger and one for the drivers side? Or just one? what is the easiest way to replace them? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Best Tana & Mike
First of all welcome to the group. We will do the best we can to fix you up.
You need to be more specific. Are we talking about chassis heat from under the dash? If we are what makes you think one isn't working? Is one working and the other not because you can't hear the blower or are you just not getting enough heat out of one? If that is your issue, you need to check and make sure the outside vent switch up on the dash is off or closed. If it is open you may be introducing outside cold air in through the vent or vents. And of course you should have two switches for heat one for passenger and one for driver. Those both need to be set appropriately. So tell us more of what you are experiencing and that you have eliminated all other possibilities for your issue.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX ME 2020 to Present
'93 WLWB 2008 to 2020
Bluebird of Happiness
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 1 Week Ago

Hello, on a short trip we had both heat switches on for the chassis heat under the dash and 1/2 an hour into the trip we started smelling hot electrical smell like something was getting hot. We turned off both heat switches. On the way home a day later we were using both heat switches with defroster also going and the same thing happened 1/2 hour into the trip home. My husband said that he did not hear the blower motor going on the passenger side of the buss when he turned it off. He said he just heard a noise like the dampener for the defrost shutting off. Any ideas on what else we should check first without wanting to have an electrical fire??
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Hello, on a short trip we had both heat switches on for the chassis heat under the dash and 1/2 an hour into the trip we started smelling hot electrical smell like something was getting hot. We turned off both heat switches. On the way home a day later we were using both heat switches with defroster also going and the same thing happened 1/2 hour into the trip home. My husband said that he did not hear the blower motor going on the passenger side of the buss when he turned it off. He said he just heard a noise like the dampener for the defrost shutting off. Any ideas on what else we should check first without wanting to have an electrical fire??
I would not run them until you figure it out, given the fact that you made smoke. I'm not the guy that can help you with the electrical components. We have a ton of guys here that are much smarter than I am on what you should be looking at and where. I was hoping my comments would solve your issue, but it is clear that didn't happen. One of the other guys will be along I am sure and put you on the right path. If you are traveling and want to have heat while traveling you can use the Primus heat system and it should keep you comfortable until you get this issue resolved. Best of luck.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB 2008 to 2020
Bluebird of Happiness
260-224-1278
Old 1 Week Ago

Thank you so much for trying. You mentioned the Primus system for heating. The previous owners never used the system and they were the only owner before us. We have owned the bus for 6 years and never used it, I have read the manual several times, and to tell you the truth am a little concerned about turning it on for the first time. Do you have any guidance on this by chance? Best always, Mike and Tana
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Thank you so much for trying. You mentioned the Primus system for heating. The previous owners never used the system and they were the only owner before us. We have owned the bus for 6 years and never used it, I have read the manual several times, and to tell you the truth am a little concerned about turning it on for the first time. Do you have any guidance on this by chance? Best always, Mike and Tana
I'm hoping for Alan Eversman to come on here for you. He knows all there is to know about the system. I had it in my '93 and used it only a few times. The last time being several years ago. We only traveled in cold weather a couple of times. So I have forgotten more than I learned on the system. But I do know you need propane in your tank. The main valve on the tank needs to be turned on. If you are using propane for your fridge and stove top then you are good to go on that issue. You also need to open the cabinet above the driver's seat, where some TV components are located. On the outside wall are two switches. One is an Electronic Master switch the other is Summer/Winter switch. The s/w switch needs to be set for winter. At least mine did to open the valve in the system. Some coaches as I understand it had a manual on/off valve located on the wall of the engine bay, just above the boilers. As far as being concerned you needn't be. The boilers are outside in the engine bay. Follow the directions on starting the system and if the green light comes on and stays on then you are good to go. If the red fault light comes on then you have a problem with the system and I'm not going to be much help beyond this. That is where Alan comes in. Nevertheless, if it comes on and stays running you will have about the best heating system a Wanderlodge has to offer. Quiet and efficient. Give it a try. Nothing worse than driving the bus when you are cold. One thing you may want to do in an emergency is us an electric space heater up front while traveling. Just plug it into an outlet and the inverter will supply you the heat you need. I did that once when I had an issue with air in the chassis heat system and it was air locked. Once we got to where we were going, the system was bled and worked fine and we didn't need the space heater, but it was a lifesaver until then.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB 2008 to 2020
Bluebird of Happiness
260-224-1278
Old 1 Week Ago

So Tana, how are you coming along on getting heat?

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB 2008 to 2020
Bluebird of Happiness
260-224-1278
Old 6 Days Ago

Default Hello

Hello Jim,
We are going to work on it today. I will let you know what we find out. Thanks for asking. We live in Washington State and we had quite a storm here last week, it seems when we have a storm, some water is coming in around the bathroom fan. So we will be trying to fix that as well today. We have had the Bluebird 1994 WB for 6 years and love to go places. We travel back to Montana to see my Dad every June and have been all over Idaho, WA, Oregon, South Dakota, and Wyoming. After we retire we will be going for longer excursions and would love to join one of your rally's. We have put 17k miles on the bus and it still only has 124k miles on it. We need to replace the asphalt driveway where it is parked this year as the weight has pretty much destroyed it. Then get an roof over it as well. Trying to keep it looking good. Thanks for reaching out I will let you know how things turn out. Best, Tana & Mike