Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > PARTS OR OTHER ITEMS FOR FREE

PARTS OR OTHER ITEMS FOR FREE If you have any parts or other items to give away for FREE or maybe just for the packing and shipping costs, list them here.

Site Search:

Old 07-27-2017

Default New seats

I was at Jim's when I mounted the new seats, but I had to do it. He didn't fall for the "Tom Sawyer painting the fence" program.

I bought the Prime Seating seats from Ryder Fleet Products. If you register you get them for $677 apiece and free shipping, no tax. I thought that was a pretty good price for air seats.

There were a few minor difficulties in installation. The seat base that came with them was too high (I got the standard one, but if you wanted to keep the swivel even the low base was too tall). So I took that off and used the U-channel on the old seats to mount them to the swivels (the new seats do not come with swivels). Unfortunately, that required elongating several holes which took a while with a carbide drill bit cutting tool. Installed they look great and have so many adjustments it is incredible. In my BMC, since I don't really have air by the driver's seat, I came from the air line that operates the cover for the step well took it across under the bus and up to the driver's seat. I put a tee in the step well line on the passenger side and ran that line to the passenger's seat.

One other issue. I didn't realize that new seats have rods for seatbelt installation so I kept mine the way they were, coming up from the floor Minor issue surfaced. As the seats reticulated up and down, the down part was caused a problem. When the seat went down, the seatbelt tightened up, and when the seat went up again, it was a little tight on my small midriff So now I just have a tight clip on the seatbelt where it comes out of the holder so it stays a little loose. Problem solved. Anyway, the seats are great and less money than anything else I looked at. I got the "leather" upholstery instead of the fabric and it is great. Looks sort of like the thick pigskin on footballs. I recommend these seats. Very happy with them

Anyone who wants to see pictures, send me an email (address below).

Lee - 423-292-5767 or Jacque 423-262-9569
or lnjdavis@gmail.com Please call or email instead of private messages

Website - www.5starselling.com
1995 BMC 37
300 HP Cummins 6CTA 8.3 Turbocharged Diesel
Boldly Going Nowhere
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #117
Old 07-27-2017

Of all the updates and repairs I've done on my PT a new drivers seat was the most significant. I had a very nice appearing Flex-steel which was just not comfortable for me. After about two hours I was just in pain. I came to the conclusion that the padding had given up and essentially my back side wasn't shaped much like the PO's. I got an air ride seat and I'm not all that impressed with air ride. Problem for me is in addition to being wide I'm short. If I inflate the seat enough to support my weight it's too high. If I deflate to fit my height then the air bag is almost empty. If I go in between the seat bounces why too much for my liking. What's I've done is to chain the seat so that it can not go up beyond my desired height and I can then add sufficient air. I'd just as soon have a standard seat base. I probably could have used the base off of the FlexSteel but I assumed that the air ride would have to be superior. So if you are going air ride hang on to the original stuff until you get it all sorted.

It's hard to find a place to shop for seats. At least in small town Pa. If you think you are interested and you get to one of those big truck accessory centers look them over.

Rebuilding the originals is always a good option and in retrospect I probably would do that first.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia
Old 07-27-2017
ANOTHER REDNECK

http://www.isriusa.com/products/bus.html

my 03 is the best seat ever sat in a truck car or anything
would hate to buy them>>>>>>>>
Pleasanton Tx 78064
Do not use PM... please use
rwoody@fullnet.net
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=254
http://www.ebay.com/usr/woody19571
F133316 BODY NUMBER
Old 08-11-2017
Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblerboy64 View Post
Of all the updates and repairs I've done on my PT a new drivers seat was the most significant. I had a very nice appearing Flex-steel which was just not comfortable for me. After about two hours I was just in pain. I came to the conclusion that the padding had given up and essentially my back side wasn't shaped much like the PO's. I got an air ride seat and I'm not all that impressed with air ride. Problem for me is in addition to being wide I'm short. If I inflate the seat enough to support my weight it's too high. If I deflate to fit my height then the air bag is almost empty. If I go in between the seat bounces why too much for my liking. What's I've done is to chain the seat so that it can not go up beyond my desired height and I can then add sufficient air. I'd just as soon have a standard seat base. I probably could have used the base off of the FlexSteel but I assumed that the air ride would have to be superior. So if you are going air ride hang on to the original stuff until you get it all sorted.

It's hard to find a place to shop for seats. At least in small town Pa. If you think you are interested and you get to one of those big truck accessory centers look them over.

Rebuilding the originals is always a good option and in retrospect I probably would do that first.
Ours were Flexsteel also and I found out that the foam they use is the cheapest stuff they can put in them....they ALL fail in a few years.
Had ours pulled out by Mable's in Georgia and redone with better quality stuff.
Still going great for 10 years now.
In a horse barn with hookups for the winter

I'm so thankful that I had a childhood before technology took over...
Old 08-11-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwoody View Post
http://www.isriusa.com/products/bus.html

my 03 is the best seat ever sat in a truck car or anything
would hate to buy them>>>>>>>>
Do yours swivel?
Old 08-11-2017
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpersbird View Post
Do yours swivel?
mine swivel.
i bought a new swivel base from ebay,they are thin,you need thin so the seat sits lower.
You can buy truck seats that swivel,but make sure you install them right,truck seats swivel so the driver can get out.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-11-2017

My cascadia seats swivel in so that they face the center of the cab

Email stephen@dupreeproducts.com
www.dupreeproducts.com
Telephone 888 668 4288
cell 716 220 1267
Please use email or telephone to contact
Old 08-11-2017
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
My cascadia seats swivel in so that they face the center of the cab
as they should!
when i was shopping for seats,the options were different for drivers/copilot seats.
Or,maybe the sales guy was brain dead?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-12-2017

Are these the swivel bases that you had to modify for Carol?
Old 08-12-2017
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpersbird View Post
Are these the swivel bases that you had to modify for Carol?
no,those were the factory mounts,i changed seats again since then,and got a real low profile swivel from Northern tool,they arer only about an inch tall.
I got Carol a low rider air seat,and i wish mine was the low rider,then you can air it up as high or as low as you want.
The air ride seats also have the floating seat,where the seat moves back and forth,and i can air up or down to give m knees a different angle.
I'm going to stop by 4 states chrome shop on the way home and get 2 new seats for the 71.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com