Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:
Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2017

Default Met Kris "Tanto" Paronto from "13 hrs in Benghazi" fame

I was on a business trip/convention in Orlando and Kris "Tanto" Paronto was a speaker (he was one of the CIA contractors who went to try and rescue Ambassador Christopher Stevens when their compound was attacked). He spent about an hour telling the whole story from his first hand viewpoint. After the speech there was a break and he hung around and a few of us got to talk to him..real nice, straightforward honest guy. That night somebody went and rented the movie and we watched it in the auditorium (not sure if that was legal but since this was the Disney Hilton and it was rented all week for big bucks I don't think they were going to say anything).

"Tanto" said the movie was pretty much dead on accurate except some of the gunfire scenes (he said a lot of the time they had to be near a wall so the audience could see bullets hitting)..in reality there often wasn't a wall. Other than that and the interpreter being a bit shorter and "chubbier" in real life he said it was pretty much dead on - even the stuff in the movie that seemed "hollywood" was accurate.

I will say having someone who was there tell you the entire story and then watching the movie the same day was an awesome experience. I know I won't forget it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tanto and Du.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	47492  
1984 FC35RB Sold
Old 02-20-2017
Forum owner

Lets not let this thread go political,so in order to keep things in order,we will close this thread.
You can resume it over on wanderlodge all

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Closed Thread