Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Most Frequently Asked Questions About Operating Systems

Most Frequently Asked Questions About Operating Systems Here you will find some of the most frequently asked questions about the operating systems on a 'Bird. If you have one that you think should be added place it in here.

Site Search:

Old 09-27-2020
StillLearning

Default Help with going through my systems.

I bought a 1990 PT36 with the Cat 3208T. I’m located in NH. I am fairly handy (farmer/contractor) but was wondering if there is somewhere I can bring the coach to learn about it and have it gone through to make sure everything is good to go. For the most part things seem to work but I do need to some fan clutch work I think and I’m gonna order and install new AC units. I’m hoping this winter to fix any paint issues and my ultimate goal is to have something reliable and fun for my family. Does not need to be perfect but reliable is a big thing. It’s tempting to sell and buy another trailer rv because the systems on this thing are intimidating. Any suggestions? I wanna sell it for 25k or out 10-15k into it.
Old 09-28-2020

Welcome to the Zoo, ( as Randy would say )
Glad to see another Bird in New England. We are in the Boston area. I have an FC so your SP is a little out of my area of experience. I have had mine for about a year and a half now and am still finding out about switches and things. You are exactly right about it being a long learning curve but there is a wealth of knowledge and many super people here on WOG that are ready and more than willing to help.
Owning a bird is like eating an elephant. You need to do it one bite at a time. Don't get discouraged and pick one small project. When that is complete move on to another. Safety and dependability first and then usability and then the just plain I wants.
You will find that it becomes a love affair ( with short periods of I hate you mixed in but they pass quickly. )
You have come to the right place for help that will be freely given.
Again, Welcome.
Fred
2015 Jeep Wrangler Toad
Old 09-28-2020
tintent

welcome Peter I am a bit closer than Fred now that you have joined you have people all across the country willing to help you scope this thing out. most of the mechanical stuff on our birds is truck stuff so talk to the guys who fix all the log trucks up your way ,the electrical and house systems research here and ask here , did you get the blue box ?
mrmotors1@comcast.net
Old 09-28-2020
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintent View Post
welcome Peter I am a bit closer than Fred now that you have joined you have people all across the country willing to help you scope this thing out. most of the mechanical stuff on our birds is truck stuff so talk to the guys who fix all the log trucks up your way ,the electrical and house systems research here and ask here , did you get the blue box ?
Matt,can you change your signature to include the year and model or your bird?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 09-28-2020
tintent

thanks done I think
mrmotors1@comcast.net
Old 09-28-2020
Administrator

Thanks Matt,
We are trying daily to get members to post their model and location,
so we can better deliver support needed.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
StillLearning

I did get the Blue Box. Overall the bus seems complete and original. I have been super busy at work and it’s still something I’m intimidated and overwhelmed by. I have the skills to do most of the things needed but I lack the general knowledge and where to begin. To the best of my knowledge 98% of the stuff works as it should. You can call me at (603) 728-8166 if you can provide info/help(a shoulder to cry on.) I am on the fence of selling the coach but i got hooked on the Wanderlodge scene when I saw an FC locally. I know I won’t find another bus like it so I’d rather just tackle it.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Hang in there. You got time I think. Don't let it rush you. I got over that a year ago. I get teased for all my plans when I don't jump on them. I get there, just takes time. I just spent the last few weeks getting my bird ready for a short trip. Down to cleaning the inside front to back, top to bottom and a small light over the door. This winter it's back to the dozens of projects I have in mind (and have the parts) for it. I just take my time and it will get there.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Peter,

We just moved into an apartment in Newport VT, about 70 miles from Bethlehem NH. We're hanging out here this winter waiting for things to get back to normal.

I have an '83 FC, which will have a lot of the same systems as you have. If you think it would help I'll see about getting over there and going over a few things with you.

I'm not be most experienced person here, but in normal times we would be heading across the country in our FC for the winter... So I have had an opportunity to learn a little
clyndes@gmail.com
http://blog.livinglearningmobile.com/
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Peter,

Have you looked at Vagabond's Handbook? This is a must read, all inclusive, systems breakdown created by Jurgen Steinmetz for his SP36 Wanderlodge. This handbook is designed to help in the familiarity, use, maintenance, and safety of this coach's operation.

Found here: https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...read.php?t=494

Hope this helps!
virtue1@gmail.com