Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Most Frequently Asked Questions About Operating Systems

Most Frequently Asked Questions About Operating Systems Here you will find some of the most frequently asked questions about the operating systems on a 'Bird. If you have one that you think should be added place it in here.

Site Search:

Old 4 Weeks Ago
StillLearning

I will definitely check out the book. I pulled out the box to look up winterizing the coach and was pleasantly surprised by the easy to understand instructions and the built in air system to purge water from the system. Very cool and handy. Craig that about an hour from me. It would be great to have you down sometime. Thanks everyone. I’m on the hunt for a new refrigerator vent cover and two new A/C units.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Peter, use caution using the bus air to winterize your bus. Water has been known to infiltrate the air lines from that procedure on FCs, I imagine your SP is similar.

Also, that process was designed by an Engineer in Georgia where low temperatures are normally just barely freezing. I think a lot of guys up north still use some sort of antifreeze in their water lines. Hopefully one of them will stop in.
kg4rrx@gmail.com 404-547-1951
Old 3 Weeks Ago

I changed the system around some on our FC to winterize. I added a water heater bypass with manual valving and a tee with valve on the water pump inlet to be able to pump non tox antifreeze into the system. I also added another valve on the air purge system to limit the possibility of introducing water into the bus air system.
I drain the water tank and heater, pump lines dry with the pump and then pump non tox through the system. Then I use the air sys to blow the non tox out of the lines recapturing it from the faucets. leaves non tox in any low spots but a minimal amount in the system. Pour non tox in all drains and done. Don't forget the outside faucet. In spring I sanitize with purogene and citric acid crystals. ( that is what is approved for commercial airline water systems by the Federal Govt. ) Info for sanitizing can be easily found on the Internet.
Sounds like a long process but once the valving is set up it is pretty quick to do. I did it in a campground on our way North from Fla in the AM before leaving. Maybe took 1/2 hr.
If I can be of any help send me a pm.
Fred
2015 Jeep Wrangler Toad
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4rrx View Post
Peter, use caution using the bus air to winterize your bus. Water has been known to infiltrate the air lines from that procedure on FCs, I imagine your SP is similar.

Also, that process was designed by an Engineer in Georgia where low temperatures are normally just barely freezing. I think a lot of guys up north still use some sort of antifreeze in their water lines. Hopefully one of them will stop in.
I've heard of this issue. My advice is:

1: Allow sufficient engine running time to FULLY air up - full PSI on the brake and accessory air circuits before starting any winterizing. Leave the engine running.

2: Ensure that whenever you have the "AIR PURGE" switch on...you have at least one water spigot/valve open. Never build air pressure in the water system with all valves closed.

Coach photos & comments: http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...php?albumid=79