Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 05-20-2012
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

Peter, numbers may not get the job done, did not in my case. I have my old valve somewhere. But all you need is a simular valve with the same fittings and 24,000 btu range ratings. It is a very comon valve. I got mine at O'Reilys, and I can look up the number is your need.
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 05-20-2012

Mallie
Thanks, I have ordered one and it should be here Tues (long weekend in Canada). If it is the incorrect part I will give you a call.
Thanks again.
96wb42
Mid Door
Old 07-05-2012
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

Default Update

I replace the TXV last august and never could get it to cool right. Did not have the time to go any further and other thing took priority. And I kinda figured maybe it was not capable of cooling well. Anyway the problem finally ended up on the top of the problem list yesterday and I got into it. I have a hole in the front from the previous cut, and I could tell the air was also going through the heater coil as well as the AC. Got under the dash and discovered two vacuum operated damper in the bottom. One closed the fresh air damper and the other shunts the air away from the heater core and through the AC coil. By pulling the middle doors and the front of the AC I could see both and they seem to work properly, when the heat lever is pushed to the left, along with closing the water valve. Adjust the water valve and buttoned it all up. There was a wooden block under the heater assembly and I had pushed it back in there after installing the TXV, thought it was there for a reason. But apparently the wooden block was blocking the dampers from working. We now have COLD AIR. And it works great. It was 100F yesterday eve as we drove to McAlester in the sun. Just can't believe how well it works. So if you have a problem with cooling, be sure both of these dampers are working and the water valve is closing completely.
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 07-05-2012

Is your water valve inside or outside the plenum box?

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support
Old 07-05-2012

Wish mine worked - has been "fixed" twice - once at BB in 2008 and then again at CoachCraft in 2009 finally gave up after it only worked for 90 days or so each time. I've often wondered about a larger compressor - little bitty automotive compressor and 80 feet or so of hose, just does not seem to cut it.
Old 07-05-2012
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdwg View Post
Is your water valve inside or outside the plenum box?
Yes, John,, Mine is outside and I can adjust it from the front panel on the far left side.
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 07-05-2012
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Hat Guy View Post
Wish mine worked - has been "fixed" twice - once at BB in 2008 and then again at CoachCraft in 2009 finally gave up after it only worked for 90 days or so each time. I've often wondered about a larger compressor - little bitty automotive compressor and 80 feet or so of hose, just does not seem to cut it.
Tommy it is only around 20k to 24k. Don't sound like much but that is about twice what a roof air is. I think your is overhead. Getting the air to blow diretly on you is the key.
Tommy you say your has been fix and it quits after a short time. Sounds like you may have a leak that need to be found and fixed.
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 08-19-2012

Does anyone know how much R134 the average bus system holds? I put in 5 cans (60 oz) but the low side pressure is still only at 25 lbs. which is marginal. The system is getting fairly cold but I would like to get the pressure up to normal. Good thing I bought a case.

Thanks, Phil Swanson
95 Babybird
Old 12-30-2012
Not so Junior anymore

OK....
So call me lazy.... I am sure that some place in this thread there is some thing that may tell me how to determine if my 91 TP40 (engine built year 1990) is an R12 or an R134 AC system.... But like I said, call me lazy...
Is there anyone that can save me all the reading and clue me in on how I can tell....
I think that 90-91 time frame was the transition time.
It boils down to ....I live in Arizona and neet to get my dash air working, now, before summer hits. Worked good last year until my trip home at the end of the summer.
So I just want to try a quick recharge before I do anything else.

Thanks in advance....
Towed 1986 Suzuki Samurai OR 2014 Jeep jk
Old 12-30-2012

The ports on the 134 system are larger than R12. 12 is the size of a valve stem and the 134 is more alone the size of a dime or nickle. Also the 134 has a different type port. The 134 ports should be covered with a blue and a red cap. Hope this helps.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656

Last edited by Rick; 12-30-2012 at 01:50 AM. Reason: grammar