Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 04-13-2011

Default 2001 aqua hot

Does the aqua hot system have a low dc voltage cut out reset if the co ach batteries go dead the green lite comes on but does not stay on and it does not fire up Thanks for the help!
Old 04-14-2011
pgchd

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughinit View Post
Does the aqua hot system have a low dc voltage cut out reset if the co ach batteries go dead the green lite comes on but does not stay on and it does not fire up Thanks for the help!
I was told by a factory rep a few years ago that the burner is sensitive to low voltage conditions so indeed if your coach batteries are low/ dead it may not fire up. Start the generator or plug the coach in and turn on the chargers to get your coach batteries back up to full charge, then try to fire it up, if it does not fire up then it may be another issue.
Old 04-14-2011

Sounds very familiar!

I went through a few months of troubleshooting before I found a defective coil was not igniting the fuel. If you have the service manual, it is actually very good at wolking you through the styeps to determine your issue. My only handicap was trying to wish it to be something simple and cheap!

Essentially, it will boil down to nozzle, thermostat, electric eye, coil, brain, fuel pump, or burner in increasing cost order. Follow the troubleshooting sequence and be careful to be aware that you are handling a flame thrower is you don't follow safety precautions!!! One thing that stumped me for a bit was the reference to unhooking the fuel pump power. I naively assumed it was an extenal pump and searched for hours. It is actually located under the nozzle assembly.

Good luck. If you're near Florida west coast stop by and I'll help you go through it.

You might want to search "Aquahot" to get some of the other feedback, especially where to buy parts at half price.

Corey Noble
Spring Hill, FL.
2000 43 LXI Millennium Edition
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”
Old 04-14-2011
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam express View Post
Sounds very familiar!

I went through a few months of troubleshooting before I found a defective coil was not igniting the fuel. If you have the service manual, it is actually very good at wolking you through the styeps to determine your issue. My only handicap was trying to wish it to be something simple and cheap!

Essentially, it will boil down to nozzle, thermostat, electric eye, coil, brain, fuel pump, or burner in increasing cost order. Follow the troubleshooting sequence and be careful to be aware that you are handling a flame thrower is you don't follow safety precautions!!! One thing that stumped me for a bit was the reference to unhooking the fuel pump power. I naively assumed it was an extenal pump and searched for hours. It is actually located under the nozzle assembly.

Good luck. If you're near Florida west coast stop by and I'll help you go through it.

You might want to search "Aquahot" to get some of the other feedback, especially where to buy parts at half price.
I actually finally took mine to Sure Marine in Seattle after exhausting all repair shops here on Vancouver Island. Sure Marine had a test bench but even they couldn't figure out the problem. They tested the system and told me all was good. Because it was a couple hundred miles and two ferry rides I decided to err on the side of caution and bought a new coil. Even though they said they tested the coil I don't think they put it through the Roger Berke test of 100 times. Sure enough when I got it home it worked for three days and failed again resulting in huge clouds of white smoke when I forced a start on it. Replaced coil ($300) and all has been good. There is a cheaper source for Webasto parts and here's a quote I saved that refers..................

Quote If it turns out to be the coil and that is a Webasto part, you may be able to buy that from someone like WW Williams for a lot less than AH. I have replaced a lot of stuff in mine for about half price going that route. For example AH wants, as I recall, about $400 for a fuel pump. WW Williams sold me one for $169

The Webasto parts in the AH (the burner part) are available for much less

The guy I talked to was Rob Moore in Michigan

Here is his number 800-701-9993 UNQuote
Old 04-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Robinson View Post
I actually finally took mine to Sure Marine in Seattle after exhausting all repair shops here on Vancouver Island. Sure Marine had a test bench but even they couldn't figure out the problem. They tested the system and told me all was good. Because it was a couple hundred miles and two ferry rides I decided to err on the side of caution and bought a new coil. Even though they said they tested the coil I don't think they put it through the Roger Berke test of 100 times. Sure enough when I got it home it worked for three days and failed again resulting in huge clouds of white smoke when I forced a start on it. Replaced coil ($300) and all has been good. There is a cheaper source for Webasto parts and here's a quote I saved that refers..................

Quote If it turns out to be the coil and that is a Webasto part, you may be able to buy that from someone like WW Williams for a lot less than AH. I have replaced a lot of stuff in mine for about half price going that route. For example AH wants, as I recall, about $400 for a fuel pump. WW Williams sold me one for $169

The Webasto parts in the AH (the burner part) are available for much less

The guy I talked to was Rob Moore in Michigan

Here is his number 800-701-9993 UNQuote
That's exactly where I bought my coil and from Rob who was very helpful. They do need to get the parts from Webasto, so it will take a good week.

Corey Noble
Spring Hill, FL.
2000 43 LXI Millennium Edition
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”
Old 04-14-2011

Also, do not hesitate to call AH factory for their technical line. (800 685-4298) They can be a bit difficult to reach, but they are patient and really know their stuff.
Also, the AquaHot page on Yahoo is a great source of info. Lots of experienced help there. (http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/HydronicRVHeating/)
We had a problem with ours, I called Aqua Hot and I explained what it was doing and the tech told me exactly what I needed and he e-mailed me the service manual and parts guide. I was able to replace some bad bearings and it has worked fine since then.
Good Luck with it.
Oh-don't rule out the on-off switch on your dash, they can also be a weak spot.
Old 04-14-2011

Thanks for the replys I pulled the unit out this evening and found a bad bearing ordered the parts from Roger should have them early next week