Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 06-02-2018

Default 2001 Lx Rear Slide Probs

2001 Lx Double Slide Millineum

My rear slide is hanging "in" at the top when retracted ( approx 2" beyond the body )

So much so, the lock pins are unable to engage the top of the slide.

After all the usual air up & levelling ( every time ) when I turn the key to deflate the seal the slide feels free ( I can move the top approx 3-4 inches by hand.)

When I hit the extend button only the bottom wants to extend but the top is lodged in approx the 2" mentioned above.

My best guess is; the slide awning cover may be sprung too tight therefore pulling on the slide top when attempting to extend ?? Not sure though.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

My lock indicators are showing the locks "unlocked" ( orange lights )
Old 06-02-2018
Forum owner

SO,what i understand here is the top of the rear slide is 2'' too far in?
The slide bottom is fine,but the top is too far in?
I don't see how the awning could pull it in past the side of the coach.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 06-09-2018

Bob, can you give us an update on what you have found and how you have fixed your slide problem.
Old 06-09-2018
Forum owner

Bob can fill you in,but heres what i think has happened.

I did this myself,when i had a slideout coach.
I made the mistake of having the slide awning out over the windows and then tried to put the slide out.
Not thinking the top corner of the slide would hangup on the aluminum awning guard when the slide came out.
So,when i put my slide out when the awning was already out it hung up on the awning,and boy did it tweak the room,the room did a "wheelie",the bottom trying to go out and the top staying in place.
On his slide room it bent some brackets or broke some welds.

I suspect that the rest of you guys that have the bottom on your slide come out while driving have also had the awning out while trying to put the room out.
(maybe you did not do it,but i bet someone did )

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 06-09-2018

Default Lx rear slideout problem followup

Ok latest update on my rear slide prob.

First, not much change over the last week or so in my progress due to a quick hospital visit to remove more kidney stones

So far have managed to strip my lower rear cabinets and panelling surrounding the lock pins in order to see them to confirm position.

I can clearly see where the problem is.

The top of the slide appears to have been kinked in due to an attempt to extend without the pins being retracted. ( have no idea how or when ) I understood the slideout would not attempt to extend with lock pins locked ?

Another confirmation upon further inspection is the slide adjustment points have all been maxed to their limit in hopes to bring the top of the slide in.

This proves to me that an attempt to extend the slide did indeed bend the top in while the pins were locked. I believe the bending occurred at the bottom framed area which takes all the stress of the jammed top.

My plan going forward is to hire a professional jig welder and fabricator to cut and reweld the slide arms back into or close to the original position at the point beyond the ram where the slide frame runs the width of the slideout.

As I have everything exposed and accessible this should not be difficult to a welder/fabricator who knows his/her stuff.

I'll keep you updated

Many thks for your interest
Old 06-09-2018
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmace View Post
Ok latest update on my rear slide prob.

First, not much change over the last week or so in my progress due to a quick hospital visit to remove more kidney stones

So far have managed to strip my lower rear cabinets and panelling surrounding the lock pins in order to see them to confirm position.

I can clearly see where the problem is.

The top of the slide appears to have been kinked in due to an attempt to extend without the pins being retracted. ( have no idea how or when ) I understood the slideout would not attempt to extend with lock pins locked ?

Another confirmation upon further inspection is the slide adjustment points have all been maxed to their limit in hopes to bring the top of the slide in.

This proves to me that an attempt to extend the slide did indeed bend the top in while the pins were locked. I believe the bending occurred at the bottom framed area which takes all the stress of the jammed top.

My plan going forward is to hire a professional jig welder and fabricator to cut and reweld the slide arms back into or close to the original position at the point beyond the ram where the slide frame runs the width of the slideout.

As I have everything exposed and accessible this should not be difficult to a welder/fabricator who knows his/her stuff.

I'll keep you updated

Many thks for your interest
Read post 4.
I'm not saying your pins did not retract,but i do know the awning can hold the top while the bottom tries to go out.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com