Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 06-11-2018

Default Gremlins - Lights, Pump, Fuse, Aquahot, Oh My!

Been away from HotRod for a while (overseas), and came back to some issues (my brother had the coach and now I am doing some fixin').

Flip on the AguaHot and it Runs but doesn't breath fire from the heater exhaust, I just hear the motor turning and smell diesel. Am I forgetting something

-

The middle water pump (of the three) above AquaHot motor is running constantly when batteries/power are hooked up (only stops going when fuse pulled or no power of course). See pic. ???

Headlights do not turn on. Previously had an issue with one side before (probably a bulb out), and loosing lights, going on/off while driving. Currently no hi-lows lights at all. I have heard of Cannon Plugs or grounds being an issue. I get the HI beam on dash lighting up, and I have FOGS and drives working.

I am popping a fuse under the dash on right. Not numbered. See pic. Anyone?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9187.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	55939   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9183.JPG
Views:	282
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	55940  
Old 06-11-2018

That pump is the bathroom zone. Fuel smell and no smoke or heat could be several issues to include controller, coil, photo cell, etc. There is a complete aqua Hot manual Millie has posted that will help you find your issue. Search for aqua Hot.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 06-11-2018

Agree with Rick on both his points.

Turn off the thermostat in the bathroom that runs the Aqua Hot heater. That thermostat is calling for heat and running the pump etc.

When was the last time the Aqua Hot system was serviced and used in diesel burner mode not just electric?

Just curious: When you smell fuel do you see a fuel fog/smoke coming out of the Aqua Hot exhaust?
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad
Old 06-11-2018
John Wyatt - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodLodge View Post

Snip...

I am popping a fuse under the dash on right. Not numbered. See pic. Anyone?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
That looks like circuit breaker SK23 to me - if so, it's listed as feeding "Receptacle 12 VDC/Air Vents".

Could possibly be too much load on the cigarette lighter receptacle and/or a few other 12 VDC receptacles - not sure which "Air Vents" they may be talking about.

Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001
Old 06-12-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
That pump is the bathroom zone. Fuel smell and no smoke or heat could be several issues to include controller, coil, photo cell, etc. There is a complete aqua Hot manual Millie has posted that will help you find your issue. Search for aqua Hot.

Anyone have a link to this Aqua Hot thread? I tried to find, no luck.

That looks like circuit breaker SK23 to me - if so, it's listed as feeding "Receptacle 12 VDC/Air Vents".

[/QUOTE] Could possibly be too much load on the cigarette lighter receptacle and/or a few other 12 VDC receptacles - not sure which "Air Vents" they may be talking about.[/QUOTE]

Have nothing plugged into the Cigarette Lighter... other thoughts?
Old 06-12-2018
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

http://eulake.com/AH106SM.pdf

The middle pump is also the stirer pump, which means is runs anytime the burner does. It is connected to the burner lead with a diode, so the burner turns it on. If the diode goes bad, the bath stat call will fire the burner.

The first thing you need to check is voltage at the AH. Nothing works right with low voltage.
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 06-12-2018

I'll bet it fires If you replace the fuel nozzle
Brooks, GA
Kip Cindy & Cody
678-523-7920
Old 06-12-2018
John Wyatt - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselbird01 View Post

Could possibly be too much load on the cigarette lighter receptacle and/or a few other 12 VDC receptacles - not sure which "Air Vents" they may be talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodLodge View Post
Have nothing plugged into the Cigarette Lighter... other thoughts?
Thinking it's SK23 is based on the circuit breaker numbering on a 99 LXi that I worked on earlier this year so although I'm not 100 % sure it's SK23, that's what that breaker was labeled as in the other LXi.

I didn't see any additional information on SK23 in the prints this morning. They don't show which 12 VDC receptacle or receptacles (I have 3 or 4) are supplied from SK23 so if you have others maybe check them as well (wouldn't necessarily have to have something plugged in to be shorting out). They also don't give any details about what the 12 volt "Air Vents" are or where they are (might need input from other LXi owners to find those).

Might be worth swapping or replacing that circuit breaker just to be sure it's not bad.
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001
Old 06-12-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by atckip View Post
And while you are at it, the fuel filter, and check the electrodes are spaced correctly. Mine has a little tool screwed to the webasto (motor) for that purpose.

Brian Stephens
'97 PT43
Old 06-12-2018

Any tricks/tips from experience that will make things easier or more clear than the manual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
And while you are at it, the fuel filter, and check the electrodes are spaced correctly. Mine has a little tool screwed to the webasto (motor) for that purpose.

What would be proper spacing for these electrodes? Are they hiding somewhere or easy to access?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atckip

Is the fuel nozzle easy to check? Is it serviceable? If not, it the part easier had?

Looks like I need to start figuring out the manual provided my Millie. I am guessing some of my solutions with be there. Thanks for providing.

Last edited by HotRodLodge; 06-12-2018 at 01:58 PM.