Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:
View Poll Results: Some are having issues with this thread, help us by answering this poll
Close this thread 4 4.49%
Add a moderator to moderate all posts, before allowing it in this thread or moving it to a new one. 6 6.74%
Leave it as it is. 79 88.76%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Week Ago
Forum owner

Yesterday i worked on removing the radiator out of my LXI.
This job has been delayed for a few years,i wanted to take it out and check it out and replace the hoses that are easy to get to with it out.
With the help of my Japanese friend i took the buper off and all of the hoses and drained the coolant.
Today me and my Japanese friend with gently remove the rad.
My friend is a Nissian 6000lb forklift.
I take the LXI rads out the back,remove the bumper,and then i slide the forks under the rad and using a come-a-long i gently slide the rad off the mounts and onto the forks.
then strap it to the forks and back out,easy as 1-2-3.
The rad,CAC and the hydraulic pump comes out all together.
I use my milky way impact wrench to remove the bolts and the hydraulic hoses i use 2 wrenches and a bar between then to lever them loose.
No harm was done to my shoulder (Rick,thanks for worrying!)

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
Good job!
Put those kids to work!
My daughter has a new husband,they came for Xmas and he asked her as they were driving "do you thing Randy has any work he needs help with?"
My daughter said she laughed for 10 minutes,and then said "yes,he always has some kinda work to do!"

Kind of like that episode of Andy Griffith; Ellie Saves a Female (season 1; Episode #27), where Andy tells the farmer "you've been lookin' at this all wrong, you're not losing a daughter, you're gaining a son."

Timothy

(H) 336-66TWO-8333
(M) 336-33NINE-8033
Please email Private Messages
(E) timothy@devane.net

Old 1 Week Ago
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsdevane View Post
Kind of like that episode of Andy Griffith; Ellie Saves a Female (season 1; Episode #27), where Andy tells the farmer "you've been lookin' at this all wrong, you're not losing a daughter, you're gaining a son."

Timothy
Right on!
Her last husband was a phone man,he was not much help on dirty stuff!
This one is a mechanic,hes lucky they live 200 miles away!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMorton View Post
I got the bedroom heater out today - that was a royal pain. There was a duct adapter on the left side of the heater that did not go anywhere, but kept the heater from coming out. Vice grips, a right-angle screwdriver, a dremel grinder and 45 minutes and I won! The heater was hard-wired to the coach, no connector to pull and the cables too short to get the heater out - had to cut them with shears ( all power off of course ). I finally got the critter out and decided to simply replace it with the new NT16SEQ that I had bought for Retro. I had to put the SEQ into the older case since the case was cut away in the back to give clearance for the cable runs. I will get some proper wire tomorrow along with a connector and extend and connectorize the cables to the heater before re-installing.
The duct adapter didn't go to a blower in the bathroom area?
chip@collectorsco.com / 804-357-4926
1990 SP36 75k
1992 WB40 109k
Old 1 Week Ago

Kitchen/Dinette overhead fixtures in the 92 WB40 were out of order - "Vista" Christmas tree lights did nothing great plus two Thinlite ballasts were bad (it's four Thinlite fixtures in a BB wood frame). Gutted everything. Replaced the Vista lights with strips of very warm LEDs I happened to have in just the right length and then put eight Leisure LED tube replacements in place of the florescent tubes. Really looks great now. Recommended! Also replaced all but five of the remaining tubes throughout the coach (bedroom, bathroom, over the sink - living area remains to be done), ran out of time. Tomorrow is another day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190111_120510.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	59816   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190111_120519.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	59817   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190111_125943.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	173.2 KB
ID:	59818   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190111_125952.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	181.8 KB
ID:	59819   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190111_131327.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	59820   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190111_131332.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	59821  
1990 SP36 75k
1992 WB40 109k
Old 1 Week Ago

Finished the LED tubes in the five single Thinlite fixtures in the living area today and began on the day/night blind project, all but one of the old ones had been removed and discarded by the P.O. Nice to have blinds on the driver and co-pilot/door windows. Great sale right before New Year's from Blinds Chalet made it affordable, too (well, sorta). Pics when I'm a bit further along.

Need to decide what lighting to put in the valances above the airline cabinets in the living area as well as behind the valance in the master as these are wired 110V and not 12V, currently they are bare florescent tubes and I don't like 'em. I'm thinking I can hide some track lighting in there with cans illuminating the ceiling. It would have been nice if BB had left well enough alone and left these 12V off the switch as in earlier coaches, the arrangement is currently switch on a 12V switching 110V relay over the driver like the baseboard heaters so running 12V to the passenger's side might be more trouble than it's worth.
1990 SP36 75k
1992 WB40 109k
Old 1 Week Ago

Default New airbag and a happy smile !

I got the replacement front airbag installed today - was not too bad except for the lousy thin locknut on the air inlet. I did manage to finally get it loose and then off so that I could remove the old airbag. I took some pictures of the old and new airbag, along with one showing the hardware before I started on removing the nuts on the top. I like to take cellphone pictures from good angles when I am working blind due to not being able to get my head where it would need to be in order to see what I am doing. Putting it back together I did not install the locknut. It seems to me that the bag is not going anywhere with the other regular nuts on the top and bottom.

Dave and I also did some work on Shadow's smile. Using a Harbor Freight hydraulic ram kit I pushed the vertical post that the bumper support is mounted to forward while pushing the bumper support up with a jack. Then we loosened bolts and tweaked the positions of the support arm and bumper itself to straighten out the bumper. It can probably use some more tweaking, but it is good enough for now.

I got a 4 wire flat trailer wiring kit to use for the heater power in the bedroom, I will work on that some more tomorrow. I need to work on connecting LPG to the furnace also, I might use a flex hose to connect from the gas shutoff valve above the heater to the heater itself, if I can find one that seems right. Otherwise I need to get some fittings to bring the gas inlet outside the heater case and turned upward to fit the pipe that was originally installed.

Regarding the duct to the bathroom, I do not see any duct opening in the cabinetry. There is the thermostat in the bathroom that is supposed to control the duct booster fan, but I do not see a duct anywhere. I will look a bit more and see what I find.

The coach seems to air up better and stands a little taller now. I think the ride height needs to be adjusted slightly, I am reviewing the Ridewell specs and instructions, as well as WOG posts to understand what I should expect.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bags.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	59836   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bolts.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	59837   Click image for larger version

Name:	Before.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	59838   Click image for larger version

Name:	Smile.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	59839  
1988 PT 40 "Silver Shadow"
88 Jeep Cherokee "Indy"

Last edited by JMorton; 1 Week Ago at 03:45 AM.
Old 6 Days Ago

I would use a heavier gauge wire for that heater. Most trailer wire I've seen is 16 and even some 18. I wouldn't use lighter than 14 for the heater.

Rest of that work is going great. Nice job on the bumper.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 6 Days Ago
Forum owner

those thin lock nuts are terrible,i replace them with regular nuts.
I also flood the area with PB Blaster before working,i want lube and dirt in my eyes!
Not just dirt!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 6 Days Ago

Sat here drinking coffee and looking at the tracking for the motor oil.. Looks like shipping is taking the oil on more miles than I've traveled this year - HaHa! Someday it will arrive and I can finish the annual service. Thinking that I might just buy a 55 Gallon drum next year and have all the 40w for 5 years.

Randy not sure if you have checked out the Rural King store here in Dothan, but it might be worth your time next time you are over here. Kinda like Tractor Supply had a baby with Harbor Freight. Lots of parts and pieces, lots of tools, lots of not 40w oil, even baby pigs and full size farm tractors. Good times. It is where the K-Mart use to be on 431 heading North out of Dothan.
1994 Wide Body #106048
"Going Galt"
bruce.griffin67@gmail.com
334-350-8564
Blue Bird Map

*Views expressed here are not supported, endorsed, or even “liked” by any agency or individual.
*Medicated for your comfort. Comfort not guaranteed. Experiences may vary.