Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Toads and Trailers General discussion and For Sale or Wanted

Toads and Trailers General discussion and For Sale or Wanted Toads general discussion and list your Toads or Trailers and others that you have found For Sale and Wanted and also discussions about them here.

Site Search:

Old 08-17-2014
Forum owner

my choice of color too!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-17-2014
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

I found it about 125 miles from here on CraigList and yes the white color did look good to me, it was the lowest mileage Jeep I could find by far, the next one had double the mileage, in my price range of under $6000.00 including any improvements (just like a 'Bird) the tires that are on it would probably last at least another year, but I'm not a big fan of snow type tread on the front, so it will get a complete set of most likely Kumho Solus KR21 standard touring all season tires, I'm not a serious off roader, so this will give me what I want. Mechanically the Jeep seems to be in good condition and well maintained for it's age, the battery is good but smaller and is not the correct one and while it starts the jeep almost immediately (just like my CAT 3208T), I will still put the original size battery in it, there is a long crack cross the windshield near the top, it doesn't get in the way of seeing out the windshield, but I'll put a new windshield in it. It needs a new driver side hardtop window so that will be replaced as well. I try to avoid driving at night as much as possible so I'll remove and sell the roof light bar and lights. The interior is in good condition and it will stay just like it is. There is some small rust spots directly above the front tires , that will be addressed too.

There wasn't a trailer hitch on it and that was one reason I didn't just hook up the rabbit and tow bar it home, so a new Curt Class 3 Trailer Hitch and a 2 Way Double Hitch Ball Mount Trailer 2" & 1-7/8" hitch are already on order, I will also adapt a frame mount style tow bar mount that I have on my old Rabbit GTI parts car, it used to be my daily driver before the convertible, the tow bar mount was built a little bit overkill for the VW so it should be ok for the jeep. The jeep will normally be loaded in the trailer but if needed it can be towed.

I had never driven a Jeep before and when I drove it the first time, it felt like I was driving my FC the first time, it had a lot of Wander to it, but the owner assured me that I just had to get accustomed to the very quick and sensitive steering and when we got to a straight stretch off road at 55 mph he told me to just let go of the steering wheel and yep it tracked straight and true with no wandering at all.

Tomorrow I'll get it registered and new plates and insurance and then probably on Tuesday a buddy of mine will take me up there to pick it up and bring it home.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TOWBAR MOUNT.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	182.9 KB
ID:	30838  

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 08-19-2014

Looks good John. I had a 93 "YJ" at one time. Nice toad. Mine had a lot more rust and a Class 2 hitch. I believe the tow capacity was 1500#'s. BTW just missed meeting you at the Shipshewana mini-rally. You had just pulled out when we arrived.
Old 08-19-2014
Timberlake Products Group

Oh no... another diesel conversion in February

Ryan and Michelle Saari
1985 PT36
1983 FC35RB Left me for Atlanta!
Clearwater, Florida

My Ebay store:http://stores.ebay.com/Timberlake-Pr...oup?rmvSB=true
Old 08-20-2014
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokitty View Post
Oh no... another diesel conversion in February
No, the inline 4 cyl with the 5 speed does a good enough job for me right now, but I'd like to paint the hardtop white and fix the two small rust spots on the front fenders.

I drove it home from Georgia yesterday, it was 100° and the air conditioner works but can use some more 134 I'll give it a charge, but the hardtop being painted black and no insulation on the underside of the top didn't help the interior temps any. I will lay some insulation under the top that should help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HARDTOP.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	30904  

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 08-20-2014
Can't re-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamflagman View Post
No, the inline 4 cyl with the 5 speed does a good enough job for me right now, but I'd like to paint the hardtop white and fix the two small rust spots on the front fenders.

I drove it home from Georgia yesterday, it was 100° and the air conditioner works but can use some more 134 I'll give it a charge, but the hardtop being painted black and no insulation on the underside of the top didn't help the interior temps any. I will lay some insulation under the top that should help.
John,

Great choice for a toad. Nothing is easier than pulling a Jeep! And they're fun to drive too! As you know, we have been pulling our 2001 Wrangler since it was new. We purchased it for that reason and couldn't be happier with the choice....

John Stiles
1980 33FC
"My Navion". SOLD
Stockbridge, GA
Old 08-20-2014
Forum owner

how many chicken lights are you going to put on it?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-20-2014
1983 FC 35 "Casa Billisa"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamflagman View Post

Looks good John. How about using the white NASA ceramic paint it would be interesting to know how much of a difference that makes without in insulation.

Think I'll be coming through Columbia sometime Saturday guessing about lunch time. What's cooking?
St. Petersburg, Florida
Wanderlodge Social: https://mewe.com/profile/5bfc750ae760be22b1797898
Old 08-20-2014
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Bill View Post
Looks good John. How about using the white NASA ceramic paint it would be interesting to know how much of a difference that makes without in insulation.

Think I'll be coming through Columbia sometime Saturday guessing about lunch time. What's cooking?
Lizard's Thicket for lunch
Old 08-20-2014
Timberlake Products Group

Ya got ya a nice chick magnet now John, break out the love potion number 9

Ryan and Michelle Saari
1985 PT36
1983 FC35RB Left me for Atlanta!
Clearwater, Florida

My Ebay store:http://stores.ebay.com/Timberlake-Pr...oup?rmvSB=true