Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Toads and Trailers General discussion and For Sale or Wanted

Toads and Trailers General discussion and For Sale or Wanted Toads general discussion and list your Toads or Trailers and others that you have found For Sale and Wanted and also discussions about them here.

Site Search:

Old 09-05-2016
Timberlake Products Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattic777 View Post
Hi, Dan - the places we've checked (6 on PEI) don't have in stock, and unfortunately, our stays have not been long enough for us to wait out getting one ordered. We're hoping that we might find one in stock in Moncton, NB. We also have no reservations from tonight onwards, so we should be able to stay in a place long enough to wait for an order to arrive if necessary.

I was going to order a product when we were in Newfoundland, but the shipping cost (for fast shipment from Amazon - guaranteed to arrive within 5 days) was $90+. I am too spoiled with Amazon Prime free 2-day!!!
P.E.I. is a breath taking place for sure! We really enjoyed it and doing all of the Ann of Green Gables visits We stayed on the north shore at the Cavendish (?) Campground. What beautiful red sand!

Ryan and Michelle Saari
1985 PT36
1983 FC35RB Left me for Atlanta!
Clearwater, Florida

My Ebay store:http://stores.ebay.com/Timberlake-Pr...oup?rmvSB=true
Old 09-05-2016
Learning about Bluebirds!

The blue ox riser I purchased accepts the stinger. It limits toe capacity to 5000 lbs so what Jim showed would work and would have been my preference. I couldn't source what he has in Winnipeg quickly and all the welding shops were swamped prior to the long weekend so they couldn't make me one in time for our trip. There should be something in your neck of the woods available...
2003 Honda Pilot Toad
Pokornikd@wclc.com
Old 09-05-2016
Knows Very Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokorniks View Post
My Honda Pilot attach points come out over the Honda's bumper. I was lucky that a local rv shop could get a blue ox riser in same day. We left 2 days later for a western Canada tour. Purchased a 10" riser which puts the bus portion a couple of inches higher. This created a giant lever on the bus hitch that I intend to stiffen up further - but it worked!
Thanks, Dani - we are thinking that we need a 6" riser. The thing is, we've been traveling with it the way that it is (5.5" lower at the bus than the Jeep) since we bought the bus in July 2015 and fulltime since October 2015... but we've gotten gunshy because of a couple of issues that have occurred while we've been in Newfoundland and Nova Scotia.
with 2010 Red Jeep Liberty toad
cellphone: 214-952-9415
Patti@Cartwright.net
http://trekincartwrights.blogspot.com/
Current location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user2.cfm?user=421
Old 09-05-2016
Knows Very Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
You have to think out of the box a little. I set this up on my pickup to take the pics to show you what you can do. This is a common hitch found at most auto stores, farm stores, U-Haul, etc. Put the hitch in your coach receiver. Take out the multiple ball attachment and insert the towbar. Pretty simple. You may have to cut off an inch or two, depending on your two bar, or drill another hole for the pin. Not a big deal either way. This is a 12,000# hitch and will still be rated at that with the tow bar inserted. The other stuff noted isn't rated as high as this is. Just sayin'.
Thank you so much for this information - I now see how that can work. We saw something like that (not sure it was exactly the same) at an RV trailer dealer here on PEI. Now I am thinking that can do the job for us!
Patti@Cartwright.net
Old 09-05-2016
Knows Very Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokitty View Post
P.E.I. is a breath taking place for sure! We really enjoyed it and doing all of the Ann of Green Gables visits We stayed on the north shore at the Cavendish (?) Campground. What beautiful red sand!
PEI is great - though honestly we are kinda jaded after having spent 4 weeks on Newfoundland and enjoying its harbors and lakes. I was an Anne fan from childhood, so getting to see the places where L.M. Montgomery grew up and fantasized has been great. We are staying at the Cavendish campground - wonderful *long* pullthrus! And the beach just a few steps away - very nice!
Patti@Cartwright.net
Old 09-05-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattic777 View Post
Thank you so much for this information - I now see how that can work. We saw something like that (not sure it was exactly the same) at an RV trailer dealer here on PEI. Now I am thinking that can do the job for us!
Depending on your needs that hitch can be put into the receiver on the coach upside down, giving you considerably more height. You would have a range of at least 12" so you should be able to find the height suited to your needs. I use this setup on my coach, since I bought my new to me truck. It has a snow plow setup that I attach the tow bar to. That is lower than my hitch, when I'm aired up. So to make the tow bar almost perfectly level I use this.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN