Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Electrical

Electrical Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's electrical system.

Site Search:

Old 11-20-2010

Default BUZZER

The buzzer under the dash is going off while the bus is running, the same one that goes with engine compartment warning light. but the light is not on if i unhook the low coolant wire or ground out the max temp sender wire the light comes on like it should. I looked at the jacks there all up i even lowered one and a different buzzer came on and went off when the jacks were retracted. all the temps are low as the bus is only idling oil pressure good and i did air up the suspension too What else can activate that buzzer

John wheeler 86 pt38
Hanford,CA
Old 11-20-2010

This is a shot into the night and I can't get it all in recall. Plus mine is DDEC and yours is not.
Anyhow, on the right rear frame rail next to the oil pressure sender is a switch gizmo. I think it operates a buzzer up to 8 psi. If it is there, disconnect the wire and see what happens. You might have to ground the wire. Don't know..

Former "Smoke N Mirrors" caretaker
Old 11-21-2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by john wheeler View Post
The buzzer under the dash is going off while the bus is running, the same one that goes with engine compartment warning light. but the light is not on if i unhook the low coolant wire or ground out the max temp sender wire the light comes on like it should. I looked at the jacks there all up i even lowered one and a different buzzer came on and went off when the jacks were retracted. all the temps are low as the bus is only idling oil pressure good and i did air up the suspension too What else can activate that buzzer
Maybe a low air buzzer alarm???

Check out this recent buzzer thread.

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ead.php?t=8365
Old 11-22-2010

I went through and rechecked the three sensors that i know activate that buzzer and still no luck. All of the warning lights seem to work when i have low air, jack down,or disconnect or ground out the low coolant max water temp or oil. But i still have this buzzer going with no warning lights on Besides the jack down the three sensors on the motor do not activate an additional buzzer just the one that is on. Does anybody know if the light and buzzer are on different relays (stuck relay? is that possible) or if there is anything else that can activate that buzzer.

John wheeler 86 pt38
Hanford,CA
Old 11-22-2010

Default BUZZER

John:

Don't know how your coach is configured with your jacks, but here is what I experienced.

For a while I have been having trouble with my jacks deploying in the automatic mode. All of a sudden I started getting the light/buzzer level warning. This is the same array of lights/warning buzzer that indicate (top to bottom) "Water in Fuel", "Suspension Dump" and "Level".

The buzzer drove me crazy. Looked at the HWH controller on the forward pass-through bulkhead. There is a one or two wire 2-pin plug with a white and/or a purple wire. On the HWH schematic it is labled "Master Warning".

Disconnect that plug and no more incessant buzzing. This is a temporary relief solution and you can trace the problem later.
Old 11-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by john wheeler View Post
I went through and rechecked the three sensors that i know activate that buzzer and still no luck. All of the warning lights seem to work when i have low air, jack down,or disconnect or ground out the low coolant max water temp or oil. But i still have this buzzer going with no warning lights on Besides the jack down the three sensors on the motor do not activate an additional buzzer just the one that is on. Does anybody know if the light and buzzer are on different relays (stuck relay? is that possible) or if there is anything else that can activate that buzzer.
Headlight/parking light left on...shore power cord left pluged in?
Old 11-22-2010

if i lower a jack the warning light comes on and buzzer different tone than the one "stuck" on. headlights are off and no shoreline. i went through and read some of the previous posts on this topic but just cant put a finger on this one.The odd part is that i have no warning lights on to go with it.

John wheeler 86 pt38
Hanford,CA
Old 11-23-2010
Administrator

Maybe warning light is burned out
Old 11-23-2010
spirit

While running down ten west towards new Orleans, a buzzer went off and a t whatlight went on saying LEVEL WARNING... I did not know what to do, called George in unadilla, he told me to turn on jacks and press STORE...it worked...sometimes a Jack slips down a little
Ted
Old 11-23-2010

John, I know you said you checked the low coolant light, but I would double check the coolant level in the coolant tank just to make sure…overfill it a bit and see if that works.