Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions

Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions and related components.

Site Search:

Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
At some point (35 years old?) all the air system is going to need to be replaced. Dump valves, HCVs, dryer, bags, PPVs, checks, and so on.
I agree things will probably need replaced. The PO had done some work on the air stuff. I know the HCV was replaced. Once I get under there I'll check on the rest to see what it looks like. I'm only going to focus on the front for now. I have other things that need to be addressed before our next trip. =/

Since the dump valves seem to be a common issue I'm going to look there first. I know the bus is getting are to the HCV because I can hear it venting when its raised. The dump valve is supposed to be right after the HCV so hopefully it'll be east to find.

Thanks everyone!
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcyeaw View Post
**** This is my understanding and mine seems to work this way, but the drawings I have don't reflect this connection interaction. ??

I have the same thing going on and see the same thing on the drawings. I like the way its setup since you can't have the tag supporting it all, but it makes me scratch my head a bit when it says its not supposed to be that way??
Old 5 Days Ago

Got a look around today. Everything works as is should. I found two things.
1. The HCV linkage was rubbing pretty hard against the gen exhaust. I moved the bracket enough to correct this.

2. While testing I checked air in to the HCV, out of the HCV, in to the dump valve, out of the dump valve. Everything worked correctly. BUT I had no air flow when the front and rear tanks read over 75 PSI. It was probably a bit less than 100 PSI. When pressure was coming up above that I could easily hold my finger over feed to the HCV. Pressure would build as it went on but and once the tanks were close to full or full It was much stronger.

I don't know how its supposed to act with the air pressure behavior.

After putting it all back together I tested everything out a few times and it works like it should. It does seem a little slow to come up, but that again I am not sure how ling it should take.

I'm going to test it tomorrow and see how long it takes after the tanks are empty.
Old 5 Days Ago

James, If you've never introduced any MMO into the air system, now would be the time. A little lube works wonders for these ole gals. I hurt my hip and back pretty bad last week so I'm having a hard time getting around....but I can sit in a lawn chair and cheer if you need some help...call if you need something
Brooks, GA
Kip Cindy & Cody
678-523-7920
Old 5 Days Ago

This might be a dumb suggestion, but are all the clippard valves working correctly? I had a problem with my front suspension coming up slowly and it was a leaky clippard valve allowing some air to the front dump control port letting some air out. It was intermittent so after a while it would close and the front would fully air up.

How are you adding MMO to the system? Seems like that would kill the air dryer.
1994 Wide Body #106048
"Going Galt"
bruce.griffin67@gmail.com
334-350-8564
Blue Bird Map

*Views expressed here are not supported, endorsed, or even “liked” by any agency or individual.
*Medicated for your comfort. Comfort not guaranteed. Experiences may vary.
Old 5 Days Ago

It needs to be introduced after the drier. I use a small plastic syringe and find a spot to inject on whatever system i'm messing with.
Brooks, GA
Kip Cindy & Cody
678-523-7920
Old 5 Days Ago
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi3 View Post
This might be a dumb suggestion, but are all the clippard valves working correctly? I had a problem with my front suspension coming up slowly and it was a leaky clippard valve allowing some air to the front dump control port letting some air out. It was intermittent so after a while it would close and the front would fully air up.

How are you adding MMO to the system? Seems like that would kill the air dryer.

No Clippard electric type valves on the early PTs.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 5 Days Ago
Forum owner

Last summer i had problems with the dump valves/relay valves on my 2000.
same valves as you PT guys have.
My problem was sometimes it would not air up on one side,i blamed this lack of air on the HCV on that side and changed them several times on my summer trip.
No way i could change the relay valves on the road ,but once i got home i did change them all and that fixed my problem.
I did take the relays apart and they were dry (no lube on the O rings).

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 4 Days Ago

Thank you for the offer Kip. I may take you up on it.
The bus acted great today. It took less than half the time to come up as normal. I tested a few times and then switched to some other stuff I wanted to work on. It rained and the ground was wet so I didn't go under again. What is and where do I get the MMO oil?

I forgot to mention it before. There are 4 tanks mounted under my bus. Two at the rear side by side, one across from the propane and one near the back of the gen slide area. There are two dump valves up front. One mounted on each side of the hcv. On goes to the bags and the other I don't know...

I don't think the binding if the hcv could have caused my issue since it would have still moved, but things are better now it seems.

I'm going to move on to fixing a failed cruiseair and see how the suspension acts over the next trip.
Old 4 Days Ago

MMo..... Marvel Mytery Oil..
Everything you need to know or wish you never heard
https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...ad.php?t=11655
Brooks, GA
Kip Cindy & Cody
678-523-7920