Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions

Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions and related components.

Site Search:

Old 1 Week Ago
AKA Tent Boy

Dan,
I think it would be better for you to order and have shipped to yourself, this way you know what you are getting... When you get to Houston, go to a UPS store and ask if they will take the shipment for you... Worked for me...
Then take it to a class 8 truck shop and have them install, with no waiting for parts, and the correct parts!!!
HTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHHarris View Post
I will always like what you like, Randy!!!! I will see if I can find a Houston Mechanic who will replace ALL FOUR (even the one I just replaced) with Brand, Spanking New Original Firestones.

And, I will PAY MORE ATTENTION to mechanics who order "equivalents." I am sure these are fine for most situations on most trucks, but sometimes not. I don't wanna be the "sometimes" anymore.

Larry Dill & Barbara Ribar
Yuma, AZ. 85367
'95 37' BMC 'Pura Vida'
'84 35' FCSB SOLD
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
sailor7cs@gmail.com
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=26

"Barbara does all the driving, I just hold the wheel"
Old 1 Week Ago

Seguin Diesel is on your way to Houston

https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...read.php?t=715

I know that they used to work on a lot of birds, but my. understanding was that they got too busy working on the oilfield trucks. Since the price of crude is down, they may be back working on birds.

Diego
Old 1 Week Ago

Trust me, it is a PITA.
We did all 4 airbags on our first bus (82FC33) and it was a fiasco. We used a reputable truck shop and had the guy order the bags based on our outdated part number.
Waited....they finally came in and were totally wrong. Told him again what we needed and he assured us, he would get it. Waited again....and they were wrong. Took one of them out and put it in his hand and you guessed it....got it wrong a 3rd time. Finally listened to Randy, went to TruckSprings and the right ones were ordered and installed.

Fort Myers, Florida

1983 FC35 3208T "Gen X Express"
1980 Camaro TOAD

danahcks@aol.com