Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Coaches For Sale by WOG Members

Coaches For Sale by WOG Members Coaches WOG members have for sale along with a short description. New rules for selling coaches May 1, 2019

Site Search:

Old 3 Weeks Ago

Thank you all. The age has my family worried
Old 3 Weeks Ago

1988 doesn't worry me in the slightest. That bus looks to be in awesome condition. Randy will not sell you a piece of junk. Finding these majestic machines with a wheelchair lift is rarer than hens teeth and this one has those hens teeth already in place! Any bus or RV you get will require maintenance, regardless of it's age. I would feel far safer transporting my loved ones in one of these solid machines than I would in any other sticks and staples RV. Heck I am not even sure one of them would withstand the addition of a wheelchair lift. They simply aren't built that sturdy.
This is a steel bus with steel ribbing. It is the only bus certified in a roll over crash.

But to each their own, if the age bothers you that much, good luck on finding something newer that fits your families needs.

Lee County, Florida

1983 FC35 3208T "Gen X Express"
1991 Toyota 4Runner TOAD or
1980 Camaro TOAD

danahcks@aol.com
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Forum owner

Things that have been replaced/changed out. Front end suspension Main engine radiator removed and re-cored New turbo charger All new exterior LED lights around coach Front A.C. replaced Windshield wiper motors New hydraulic pump New inverter 2018 Two new alternators 2018 Coach and house batteries 2018 New stador in generator “re-wound” New compressor for airing up coach New TV in dining area New microwave New starter New water pump on main engine New blower motor for generator All new hoses in generator area All new hoses in engine compartment. Newly rebuilt engine with 25,000 miles or less. Rebuilt transmission while engine was out. New brakes all around on every axle All new lug bolts and nuts on every wheel. New switch at foot feed ( don’t remember what it’s called) New rear air filter plus one spare on coach to change out. New air bags all around coach All tires replaced when appropriate. Most tires are new at this point. In motion Satellite on roof Fully electric door opening with Handicap lift that has 800 lb ability Coach had suretrack system installed by original owner that keeps the coach from wandering on the road when on straight roads for hours, like out west. Has two bunks built in across from bathroom for drivers. Queen bed removed in rear and replaced with side to side twin with electric backrest that moves forward to make a lounge out of the area as the sides have adjoining seats that line up with rear. A modification that was necessary if the coach was carrying a patient with a family member that was also disabled. Has a bedrail installed for safety. Hospital bed was removed, which was across from the kitchen area, and replaced with booth and table.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Randy, that's $45,000 just in new parts alone, not to mention the labor for installing it all. You are basically giving the bus away at that price. Heck it's in far better shape then ours, we just don't need the lift or any of the bunks or bed rails.

Lee County, Florida

1983 FC35 3208T "Gen X Express"
1991 Toyota 4Runner TOAD or
1980 Camaro TOAD

danahcks@aol.com
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Forum owner

I bet the engine and tranny rebuild ws $45,000,not to mention the other stuff.
Take the lift out if you don't need it,and with the lift door shut you will never know.
Or use the lift as a "veranda".
The bunk beds can be used for kids,or adults,they are adult sized.
I like the open floor plan.
It still has everything needed to camp or live aboard.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by soontoretire View Post

We travel in our 83 with family and normally don't bring a car with us. It comes down to how its been maintained and how well you take care of it. Drive by a camping world and look at all the new(er) units waiting for work... I would not let 1988 scare me at all.

The rebuilt engine and transmission were the main reason we bought our bird. Everything else was secondary.

I'd think anything that might break would have after 25K miles on the rebuild.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Forum owner

Quote:
And how old are you sir?
Ha!

Just a little humor!
WE get what they are saying.
But you may be looking at the wrong brand,since all birds are now at least 10yo.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
There is absolutely no way you are going to find a Wanderlodge maintained like this one, equipped as you need, for that price. I don't think you can find any kind of coach or RV that equals this one at that price. The wheelchair lift is rare and very expensive to put into any coach. Good luck

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
There is absolutely no way you are going to find a Wanderlodge maintained like this one, equipped as you need, for that price. I don't think you can find an kind of coach or RV that equals this one at that price. The wheelchair lift is rare and very expensive to put into any coach, then add the bunks. Good luck

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Just spent later part of last week in Winchester Va. with a small group of Blue Birders at an antique big truck show. There were a considerable number of earlier Detroit diesel’s As well as those that power the 80’s Wanderlodges . Many of those trucks were used hard hauling loads in excess far beyond any duty cycle seen by any Wanderlodge. The miles on them were also far beyond what most here have on their coaches.
That list of preventative maintenance to make this coach dead nuts reliable for the business of medical transport tells me this owner took the responsibility to be sure he would not experience breakdowns while conducting transports. If this had been available when I was shopping I believe I would have bought it. All the major expense items have been addressed and will likely provide reliable service well beyond the next owners period of care taking. My 2000 LXI is a beautiful coach at a premium well beyond the price of this coach but....... it don’t sound or have the cool factor like Shane’s
Craig.haedrich@hotmail.com
717 743-8764