Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 06-12-2010

Default Back Up Camera

I want to replace the rear view/back up camera in my M380. The Voyager model that came with the Coach has always been hard to see mostly because of the angle from the pilot chair - LCD screen viewed from the side - and now it has become very dim with images extremely faint - yes I used the contrast adjustments.

Has anyone replaced it and if so, what model do you recommend?

I hope to mount the new LCD at the proper angel perhaps using some goose neck mounting.

Thanks for any recommendations or ideas.

Dennis
Old 06-12-2010

Default rearview cameras

I've been thinking about changing my rear view camera system out for a Ramco Zone Defense system which would add left and right blind spot cameras. Kinda pricey but the tech guys at Ramco seem very supportive. Take a look at their site: http://www.ramco-eng.com/pdf/Zone%20Defense%2009.pdf.
Old 06-12-2010

Will do. Let me know what you decide and I will let you know after I do some research and hopefully hear from others.

Do you also find the existing monitor less than satisfactory?

Dennis
Old 06-12-2010

My M380's color LCD monitor is ok but not great. The membrane switch for contrast control is delaminating but still functional. I was much more satisfied with the b&w Sony CRT had had in my SOB MH. It's ability to adjust brightness and contract made it very useful day or night.
Old 07-25-2010

Well I finally got my new Voyager 7" color monitor (with hood) and new camera installed. The new camera has a wider angle and supposed to be better at night as well - we'll see! For some reason the old cable from the monitor to the camera is not working. I tested the camera and monitor with the new cable and it does work so my next step is to string the new cable from the dash to the camera. I am thinking of running it inside the coach along side the air conditioning ducting. Does anyone have a better suggestion?

Thanks,

Dennis
Old 07-25-2010

Default rear view camera

Hi Dennis, sorry I don't know the specifics of the M380 but I just finished my camera rework and routed my cables in the upper chase behind the cabinets. I installed a new 7 inch monitor and two side camera's with a new rear camera plus one for the trailer. I am extreamly pleased with the results, I bought the system on ebay from Leviathan holdings, I believe he is in Vegas, very good info and equipment. The 7 inch monitor fit right in the old space from the original monitor but again sorry I'm not familiar with the M380 setup, I think the three camera set with cables and monitor is about $500.00, I spent a bit more with the trailer camera and trailer kit for the heavy duty connection kit.
87 PT-40
Old 07-25-2010

Thanks Robert. I'll look to see if I have the same chase. It will be a couple of weeks before I can get to this project. I paid about $750 for my Voyager 7 inch monitor and new Voyager camera which came with 65 feet of cable, monitor hood, etc. I bought it through RV Cameras and on line company located in Baton Rouge, LA. I wanted to stick with the same manufacturer at the original equipment hoping to avoid re-cabling, but it doesn't appear that I can.

Dennis