Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Electrical

Electrical Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's electrical system.

Site Search:

Old 06-29-2010

Default no headlights/ headlights inoperative lxi

Why didnt i check lights before I left?! I have 1998 lxi with no Headlights and "high beam" indicator comes on as soon as headlight switch is depressed whether turn signal dip switch engaged or not. -fog lights work- checked fuses which are good 15 amp for low and high and 25 slot (which curiously had a 30 amp in ) pulled relay high beam which allowed "high beam" indicator to operate correctly - only thing i can think of is I had shop add audible turn signal indicators which appear to be inline and they said the wipers quit working but the fixed.
Old 06-30-2010

Martin,

Take it back to them- assuming you know the headlights worked correctly before they installed the noise makers. It's probably something they crossed a wire or 2 on.

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support
Old 06-30-2010
cmillsap

Martin,

Below is a link to 1999 LXi print package #1. (Should be similar to your 1998). Scroll down to print # 1991504 which is the headlight circuit. It shows that the "High Beam Indicator" is powered off the same terminal on the P4A High Beam Relay as the headlight high beams. Since you have no headlights which are normally powered through this relay and the indicator light is lit, it would appear there is a wire crossed somewhere. Given the recent work on the turn signals and wipers, I'm betting they crossed a wire during the process.

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ackage%231.pdf