Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Eclipse
WOG YouTube

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Generators

Generators In this forum we will try to answer any of your questions about the different model generators that can be found on Blue Bird coach's.

Site Search:

Old 09-27-2022

I have read that the new voltage regulator has a different wiring from the original. If you get one from power tech, call Jeff there as he can guide you through the process.
83 PT40
88-concept coach
97- WLWB43
97-Prevost Liberty
Co-founder Wanderlodgeforum.org
Old 09-27-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryOne View Post
The Radiator cooling fan for the gen set
The crazy thing is I started it yesterday and all power came on as it has before and placed a load on the system all worked well so now I'm thinking of loose connections in the control box It's hard to find a fault when all works
My fan capacitor failed and I replaced it for $10 part. It is in the junction box between the radiator and the generator battery. Don't ask why they put it in the
j-box.
2013 RAM 1500
Old 09-27-2022

The Fan capacitor and motor are both new the PO had let it sit for 12 years the fan motor was seized up and for good measure I replaced the cap also.
After all the help here and it not being a consistent failure (It works and then it doesn't) I'm leaning towards loose connections I plan to open it up in the near future and start from the stator up and check all the connections. (loose and power w/meter)

There is a small squirrel cage on the gen rack is it needed and should I keep it? I'm not really sure it even works
Old 09-27-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryOne View Post
The Fan capacitor and motor are both new the PO had let it sit for 12 years the fan motor was seized up and for good measure I replaced the cap also.
After all the help here and it not being a consistent failure (It works and then it doesn't) I'm leaning towards loose connections I plan to open it up in the near future and start from the stator up and check all the connections. (loose and power w/meter)

There is a small squirrel cage on the gen rack is it needed and should I keep it? I'm not really sure it even works
From reading all the posts for the last 12 years or so, there are a lot of those fans that don't work, at the rear of the generator. Not sure of the reason, but most likely from lack of service, because most people don't know they even exist. Everybody knows about the one in the "fan bay" but don't realize there is another one that needs attention. It does help to cool the thing down.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX ME 2020 to Present
'93 WLWB 2008 to 2020
Bluebird of Happiness
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278