Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics

Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics Good Places To Stop For Repairs And Maintenance, Mobile Mechanics, Or Bad Places To Avoid Too -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please add the names of facilities that you can recommend for service and repairs for a 'Bird, or those places to avoid for the same things. Be sure to give as much information as you can....... NAME OF BUSINESS..... BUSINESS LOCATION..... BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER..... BUSINESS CONTACT PERSON..... YEAR/ MODEL/ENGINE/TRANS OF 'BIRD WORKED ON..... WHAT ARE THEIR HOURLY REPAIR RATES..... SERVICE WAS GOOD, OR BAD..... WHAT KIND OF SERVICE, OR REPAIR WAS DONE..... REASON YOU RECOMMEND, OR AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM..... YOUR NAME..... Here is a tip about how to post your record and comments. First copy the topics above and then open a "New Thread" with the NAME OF THE BUSINESS and/or the TOWN WHERE THE BUSINESS IS LOCATED, then paste what you just copied there and then fill in the information.

Site Search:

Old 12-17-2008
1983 FC 35 "Casa Billisa"

Default The Bus Garage Index

Hello all,

Some of you may be aware of reference source, but I was not. I just came across it at another Web site and it sure could come in handy, so I'm passing it on.

"The Bus Garage Index is an up-to-date directory of more than 1,700 bus and motorcoach garages and service centers located throughout North America. In addition to location and contact information, each highly detailed listing contains data on types of repairs performed, brands and manufacturers serviced, facility features like door heights, and amenities for drivers. GPS coordinates are also listed so driving directions are a snap. It’s the ultimate maintenance tool for every bus and motorcoach on the road.

Individual copies of the Bus Garage Index* are $35 plus $5 shipping and handling within the United States."

http://www.busride.com/bgindex.asp

Bill
St. Petersburg, Florida
Wanderlodge Social: https://mewe.com/profile/5bfc750ae760be22b1797898
Old 12-17-2008

Bill (and others)- I picked up a copy of the book a few years ago and have used it many times for the benefit of others and once for myself. Well worth the $$ when you're traveling and don't want visited by a merciless "road angel" who is less than reputable.

"Savor the wine of youth, for it is a drink that can be consumed only once”
shanefedeli@gmail.com
717-645-4912
Old 12-17-2008
Gardner

I think if I had had one of these two months ago I might have been considerably ahead financially today.
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 12-17-2008
Forum Moderator

As Gardner so aptly put it...........IF ONLY. Folks, no matter where you are or where you have broken down contact every Wanderlodge Forum you know before making major decisions. There is a wealth of info out there. Get yourself towed to a safe location (hopefully a major centre) while at the same time getting in touch with the Wanderlodge community. To do otherwise lessens your chances of a successful resolution.
Old 03-15-2009

We will be picking up our coach in Eugene, Oregon in a couple weeks. Would like to have the fluids and filters changed before we head back to Las Vegas. Any suggestions of places in Eugene or Coburg?
Millenium Edition
Ocean Park, WA
Old 03-15-2009
Rode Hard and Hung Up Wet

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherl View Post
We will be picking up our coach in Eugene, Oregon in a couple weeks. Would like to have the fluids and filters changed before we head back to Las Vegas. Any suggestions of places in Eugene or Coburg?

Hi cherl,

You may want to take a look at www.southernoregondiesel.com

I have not had any work done by them, but all I hear about them is good. I know of a few folks that live here in the Seattle area, drive to OR. to have them do work on there buses.
1982 PT40 Coffee, Tea or Weasel Spit?
Cruiseairs & Roof Airs
Red 6V92
Photobucket http://tinyurl.com/cn85dx