Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics

Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics Good Places To Stop For Repairs And Maintenance, Mobile Mechanics, Or Bad Places To Avoid Too -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please add the names of facilities that you can recommend for service and repairs for a 'Bird, or those places to avoid for the same things. Be sure to give as much information as you can....... NAME OF BUSINESS..... BUSINESS LOCATION..... BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER..... BUSINESS CONTACT PERSON..... YEAR/ MODEL/ENGINE/TRANS OF 'BIRD WORKED ON..... WHAT ARE THEIR HOURLY REPAIR RATES..... SERVICE WAS GOOD, OR BAD..... WHAT KIND OF SERVICE, OR REPAIR WAS DONE..... REASON YOU RECOMMEND, OR AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM..... YOUR NAME..... Here is a tip about how to post your record and comments. First copy the topics above and then open a "New Thread" with the NAME OF THE BUSINESS and/or the TOWN WHERE THE BUSINESS IS LOCATED, then paste what you just copied there and then fill in the information.

Site Search:

Old 07-15-2009
'97 WLWB 43' mid-door

Update to our ride height issue:
Found the left aft ride height valve arm mounting loose. Freed the attachment with heat, reassembled, set, tightened, hour and a half, done. I like this kind of fix.

Buffalo City Diesel Service (Kevin Thole, Owner, 701-253-2844) was able (or arranged to) get us in early the 5th of July and had us on the road (including wheel stud replacements on a tag axle wheel) by early afternoon. Surprising for its size, there are several truck repair facilities and parts stores in Jamestown and a bus facility in Valley City 30 miles east. But, from our experience, I'd recommend this personable, competent owner to any of you needing help around Jamestown, ND, for the following reason. He is genuinely interested in his employees and they perform well for him as a result, work as a team to solve problems (as I observed other operations), are motivated. Buffalo Diesel is currently in a temporary shop as a result of a fire which destroyed the previous shop, warehouse, parts store, tools and a 12-grand race engine he was working on. The newspaper reported that as the firefighters (volunteers, including some of his employees) were putting out the fire, Thoele was asking a couple of competitors if they could find work for his employees. I like that in a man. His new facility will be just off I-94 at the US-281 interchange and opens in January. They can handle all kinds of work on any brand of diesel.
Might be a good number to file away . . . in case.