Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 12-04-2009

Default Tank Levels

I like all of us have a Black and Gray water tank... I have one place to read the levels... in front of the sink... I can dump right now and come back inside and read the levels and sometimes they will read 1 and sometimes they will read 5 or 6... well I know they are empty but still after a day you arent sure... you have taken a shower, washed dishes and took care of all other business and still you cant trust the level meters... of course I know the sensors are clogged and as soon as we get underway we know they will read true... my question is how can we make them read true while we are parked for a month or more?

Thanks in advance for any sollutions
"Heads Carolina, Tails California"
Old 12-04-2009
cmillsap

[my question is how can we make them read true while we are parked for a month or more?

Thanks in advance for any sollutions[/QUOTE]

Maybe if you use the tank spray on the black tank when you dump, that may clean the sensors. But that only works on the black tank.
Old 12-04-2009

Thanks for the input Chuck... I had one in my SOB used after dumping from the outside... but this coach didnt come with one... are they a retro or a portable one used from the inside of the coach by blocking the flapper valve and use a wane type device.

thanks
"Heads Carolina, Tails California"
Old 12-04-2009

Eddie,

There are add on ones that may work with yours. I believe Camping World sells one that installs into your tank, so you could at least see that one to see if it would work. There are also the versions that is a hose bib moulded into a dump fitting that attaches to the end of your dump pipe. I question how well that would work and don't know of anybody that has used one.

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support
Old 12-04-2009
cmillsap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERay View Post
Thanks for the input Chuck... but this coach didnt come with one... .

thanks
Eddie,

I am really surprised that your LX didn't come with a tank flush. If your previous coach was like mine, the toilet set directly over the black tank allowing a wand device to be used to clean the tank through the toilet. However, as I am again assuming that your birds' toilet is like mine , I don't think a wand device would work through the Microphor air or electric operated toilets as they flush sideways and there is not a direct entrance into the tank from the toilet.

Johns' suggestion to install a outside flush in the utility compartment in not a dificult chore and is probably is the best solution.
Old 12-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERay View Post
I like all of us have a Black and Gray water tank... I have one place to read the levels... in front of the sink... I can dump right now and come back inside and read the levels and sometimes they will read 1 and sometimes they will read 5 or 6... well I know they are empty but still after a day you arent sure... you have taken a shower, washed dishes and took care of all other business and still you cant trust the level meters... of course I know the sensors are clogged and as soon as we get underway we know they will read true... my question is how can we make them read true while we are parked for a month or more?

Thanks in advance for any sollutions
Get the MicroPulse system.
I put ours in 3 years ago and the readings are always accurate.
It can't clog as it goes on pressure not voltage.
Took me about 2 hours to install myself....simple to do.
Google MicroPulse and see if it might work for you.