Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 03-21-2019

That black plastic tube just dumps under the bus, it's completely open. It looks "aftermarket" to me. I would think there'd be a small valve up there possibly with a drain hose attached.

You can see that drain valve to the right of the hose clamp pointing straight down. Weird, not aftermarket at all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	drain 1.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	60802   Click image for larger version

Name:	drain 2.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	60803  
Old 03-23-2019

OK so I have a partial success! I found a dead circuit breaker in the front lower panel which supplied power to the front heater switch, pump, and solenoid valve, so that's all working as designed.

The problem I have now is that I get no power in the engine compartment for the pump or valves with the summer/winter switch and I still do not have +12 going to the thermostat on the wall, so no chassis heater fans. If I jump the thermostat the fans work.

So I pulled the dash and I have +12 on the summer/winter switch (switch is new), but the purple circuit (35) that goes down into the harness seems to lead to nowhere. I just can't see far enough down in there to figure out where that wire goes because there's a mass of butt splices wrapped in tape that I can't begin to unravel just yet. I'm certain the wire color changes.

Does anyone happen to know where that summer/winter switch wire is actually routed to the pump/valves/thermostat? I'm getting the feeling now that I'm going to have to run some new wires (joy).
Old 03-23-2019

That's the high point in the cooling system, needle valve in the line to bleed the system, normal deal is run the system @ 1200 rpm, @ temp front of coach elevated some what, coolant flow with no air is the notion. Of course there should be a valve some where on the plastic line. Front heat rocker controls the sporlan that supplies that exchanger.
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

http://s767.photobucket.com/user/mhohnstein/library/
Old 03-23-2019

Andy, on my coach at least, the ignition has to be on for the chassis heat fans to work.
chip@collectorsco.com / 804-357-4926
2004 M380 99k/22xx hours
Former: 90 SP36, 92 WB40, 85 FC35SB & others
Old 03-23-2019
Gardner

Here is a diagram of the thermostat, etc circuits for my 86. My PT36 does not have chassis heat in the bed room, but it does have propane there.

On my 83 FC the summer/winter switch enabled a relay in the curb side load cetner in the upper storage compartment (single beds)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Chassis & LP Heat Common T-Stat 86 PT.PDF (108.1 KB, 50 views)
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 03-23-2019

Gardner - thanks for the schematic - It doesn't match my setup at all, though. I think your FC was pretty much the same setup as my PT. I found those redrawn 1984 FC diagrams and they look very similar to my PT, but I'm still missing that one wire from the summer/winter switch to anything.
Old 03-23-2019
Gardner

On page 31 and 35 of the 1984 redrawn document there are references to the summer/winter switch and the valves. This is an FC document, but may hold a clue. 12 meg, to big to post.
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 03-24-2019

That end of the circuit is in place and working - the summer/winter switch has 12v on it. The missing link is between the switch and the pump/valve/thermostat.
Old 03-24-2019

Andy:

Have you checked for continuity at the relay in the Left Rear Load Center? The attached drawing is for an 85. Your 83 may be different.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	85PT36 Left Rear Load Center.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	60898  

len.mcleod@gmail.com

Last edited by LDM680; 03-24-2019 at 09:05 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-24-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDM680 View Post
Andy:

Have you checked for continuity at the relay in the Left Rear Load Center? The attached drawing is for an 85. Your 83 may be different.
In my old PT35, that load center was above the center of bed against the rear wall.
Let us know if this is where you find the relay / controller for the coolant boost pump.
You received similar advice here to the email I sent, which is good!

I guess the missing link was the winter / summer circuitry.

Also, it seems like you missing fan switches at each heater core to individually turn those fans on / off or set to low speed. Those in my old PT allow tuning or adjustment of heat flow to each zone.

Hope you get it licked.

Cheers,
Doug
Ex-PT36