Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Campgrounds, RV Parks, Other Places to Sleep, or TO STAY AWAY FROM

Campgrounds, RV Parks, Other Places to Sleep, or TO STAY AWAY FROM Post your questions or comments here about your favorite campground, RV park, rest area, Walmart or Cracker Barrel parking lot where you like to get your shut eye, or WHERE TO STAY AWAY FROM.

Site Search:

Old 09-23-2019

Default Land Between the Lakes - boondocking spots?

We're headed out in a few weeks to travel to the WOG rally and we're wanting to stop at LBTL in KY or TN for a few nights. I'd like to pull up on the beach and camp dispersed style if possible. I scoured the satellite images and it looks like the area at the end of the access road for the OHV area might work, but I can't find anything else. We are arriving on a Saturday about noon, though, so I think I might be asking for trouble to expect this to be open. Any secret spots you want to share?
Old 09-23-2019

I have an old friend in Marion who has a lake property not far from there. If you can't find anything appealing I bet Paul might have a solution. Also know someone in Cadiz who is in law enforcement and used to work on big trucks, he is a super nice fellow with all sorts of connections.
chip@collectorsco.com / 804-357-4926
2004 M380 99k/22xx hours
Former: 90 SP36, 92 WB40, 85 FC35SB & others
Old 09-23-2019

Turkey bay is great. That is where I go. Also room for a big rig. Sugar bay is very nice. But not so big rig friendly there are some nice areas there but getting the bird all the down to the water us the hard part. Well maybe getting out would be the hard part. Turkey bat will cost 20.00 for the weekend. There is a dump station on the trace . Very nice place and alot of things to do there
1986 PT40
1984 Ford GT Turbo Mustang
FMCA # F468571
Old 09-23-2019

Chip - I will keep that in mind! I am hopeful we will find a place to land even if it's in a campground.

Rodney - what's the issue with Sugar Bay? Grades, sand, trees, ?
Old 09-23-2019

Take a look at Boswell Landing, on Boswell Landing Road in the Tennessee section just a little north of the developed Piney campground. It has a number of nice gravel campsites, most with picnic tables and fire rings, and most of them will fit a bus. Some of the sites are waterfront on KY Lake and the rest are near. There is also a boat ramp, a pier, and a single "one hole" dump toilet in the middle of the campground (but nicely maintained). There are usually several spaces open. Easiest access is off of Hwy 79 in Tennessee, turn on the road to Piney and follow it around to Boswell Landing Road, then follow Boswell Landing road until you dead-end at the campground. From the KY side, you can take the Trace through LBL to the South visitors center and turn right, then follow that road to Boswell Landing Road.
'86 PT38 "Eagle's Rest"
'82 FC35 (sold)
Old 09-23-2019

Yes to all. You can get down there in a big rig. Just make sure it is day light. It's dark there i mean dark. And low tree limbs. Just got to have all eyes open. Wrangler campground is nice if you like horses. Full hookups also. If you go to turkey bay let me know. I will meet you. If I can we can see some trails a little camp fire cooking
1986 PT40
1984 Ford GT Turbo Mustang
FMCA # F468571
Old 09-23-2019

Don't try to operate a golf cart, ran into some park na$i's that were all over 'no operation of unlicensed vehicles'. Unmoved that the wife is handicapped.
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

http://s767.photobucket.com/user/mhohnstein/library/