Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 10-03-2019

Question Aqua hot burner thermostat

The must be somewhere in the Aqua hot that controls when the burner fires up.
If I have my bird plugged in to shore power the aqua hot gets hot, but not hot enough to create heat. (tank is hot, but registers blow cold). If I unplug the shore power overnight and the tank goes cold the burner fires right up.

Anyone got a work around for this?
Old 10-03-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlcanuck View Post
The must be somewhere in the Aqua hot that controls when the burner fires up.
If I have my bird plugged in to shore power the aqua hot gets hot, but not hot enough to create heat. (tank is hot, but registers blow cold). If I unplug the shore power overnight and the tank goes cold the burner fires right up.

Anyone got a work around for this?

If the tank gets hot and the registers don't get hot that means that the hot water from the tank is not being pumped to the registers. There are three zone register pumps in the aquahot. Do all three zones fail to heat?

When the tank temperature is under the internal disk thermostat setting the diesel burner is set to fire.

Keirn Rush, Carolyn Rush
and Mike the Wanderdog.
New Bern, North Carolina
keirn@keirnrush.com
252-249-2628
95 BMC 37
Old 10-03-2019
Forum owner

I'm not sure the electric element will make enough heat to heat the coach.
It will make hot domestic water,but trying to heat the coach like that?
I don't think so.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 10-03-2019

i would start by making sure that tank is full,,,first- let it cool awhile them remove rad. cap and fill with proper antifreeze water mix then check operation
mike
even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile
washington Il.
Old 10-03-2019

electric element will heat to aprox 190 degree so it keeps boiler from running to make domestic hot water it only makes about 1/4to 1/3 heat that boiler makes if i remember correctly so it is not meant to heat coach just shower etc.
even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile
washington Il.
Old 10-03-2019

On our 96 we had issues where the burner would occasionally not fire. I replaced the small coolant overflow tank with a larger one which seemed (for a while) to solve the problem. It still would occasionally would not start. I would forget about the non-firing issue because it would go for long stretches where it worked perfectly, then not fire.
While we were at Coachcraft for some other issues I mentioned the issue to JohnBoy. He chuckled and said it was one of the temp sensor discs above the burner motor. I had checked those and they checked okay. He said they will check okay 6-8 times in a row then check bad the next time. He said they keep a box of them on hand because of the issue. I forget which of the sensors it was, but since then the burner has fired flawlessly.
Old 10-04-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTarrier View Post
On our 96 we had issues where the burner would occasionally not fire. I replaced the small coolant overflow tank with a larger one which seemed (for a while) to solve the problem. It still would occasionally would not start. I would forget about the non-firing issue because it would go for long stretches where it worked perfectly, then not fire.
While we were at Coachcraft for some other issues I mentioned the issue to JohnBoy. He chuckled and said it was one of the temp sensor discs above the burner motor. I had checked those and they checked okay. He said they will check okay 6-8 times in a row then check bad the next time. He said they keep a box of them on hand because of the issue. I forget which of the sensors it was, but since then the burner has fired flawlessly.
Any idea of a part number?
Old 10-04-2019

Like Mike said, My AH doesn't put out much heat on electric only. Hardly enough for a hot shower so it's probably not enough to heat the coach. Make sure the pumps are circulating. You should be able to feel them kick on with your hand for each zone. Your mixing valve could be faulty also, keeping the coach water cool.

Link to AquaHot manual...

https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...E%20MANUAL.pdf
Brooks, GA
Kip Cindy & Cody
678-523-7920
Old 10-04-2019
RV Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
I'm not sure the electric element will make enough heat to heat the coach.
It will make hot domestic water,but trying to heat the coach like that?
I don't think so.
While in Canada this year we had a few issues with our burner, so I tried to heat the bus. It will not keep the bus warm because the length of each loop the water cools down quicker than it can heat it. The heat element did great for a shower but no so for heating the bus.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_