Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your PT or WB model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....list your PT Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 10-19-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW SD View Post
What about when on shore power and charging? Doesn’t combiner relay measure voltage and combine under charge?
I believe this is how it works.
While my knowledge is limited, I understand that the green light next to combiner switch is just an alert letting you know your coach and engine batteries are connected (combined). When charging via alternators it’s always combined regardless of switch position, in other words, both are being charged. When engine is off the green light will come on if engine and coach batteries are being combined letting you know combiner is on and you are discharging your engine batteries. In that case you may not have enough cranking amp available when you want to start! On shore you have the option to combine them or not and charge only coach batteries or both engine and coach! I always have it on except when boon docking and not constantly under charge.
sskhosravi@gmail.com
www.coddiwomplers.org
Old 10-19-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW SD View Post
What about when on shore power and charging? Doesn’t combiner relay measure voltage and combine under charge?
I believe this is how it works.
The combiner relay is a "dumb" relay and has no way to measure voltage. Mine charges both banks only when the switch is on or the engine is running. The start or engine bank will go dead if not watched.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 10-19-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
The combiner relay is a "dumb" relay and has no way to measure voltage. Mine charges both banks only when the switch is on or the engine is running. The start or engine bank will go dead if not watched.
Hi Rick,
I had thought the relay on the M380 between start and house is a voltage sensitive relay.

Thanks for clarifying.

I’d upgrade to one if it isn’t standard. Blue Sea Systems makes some nice ones.

Doug
Ex-PT36
Old 10-19-2019

The M 380 has a different combiner relay. It does have voltage detection capability. It is different from the relays on the LX and Lxi.
Old 10-19-2019

Yup, on shore power. Key off. I hit the button and the green LED lights. I let go and it goes off. I am surprised it is working considering the rusty corroded mess it is. It's on my list to be pulled apart and rewired. You guys saved me from breaking out the books and reading lol.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 10-20-2019
Goat rails in the sunset

I found that my '91 combiner's dash switch always has control over engine battery charge and combining with house bank. I use it to stop charging engine batts if Alternator belts starts slipping. Sometimes they slip 'n' squeal at low engine speed, if any of the batts are low. I toggle the switch to extinguish the green LED and voila! The squealing stops.
Full-time in 2019