Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics

Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics Good Places To Stop For Repairs And Maintenance, Mobile Mechanics, Or Bad Places To Avoid Too -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please add the names of facilities that you can recommend for service and repairs for a 'Bird, or those places to avoid for the same things. Be sure to give as much information as you can....... NAME OF BUSINESS..... BUSINESS LOCATION..... BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER..... BUSINESS CONTACT PERSON..... YEAR/ MODEL/ENGINE/TRANS OF 'BIRD WORKED ON..... WHAT ARE THEIR HOURLY REPAIR RATES..... SERVICE WAS GOOD, OR BAD..... WHAT KIND OF SERVICE, OR REPAIR WAS DONE..... REASON YOU RECOMMEND, OR AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM..... YOUR NAME..... Here is a tip about how to post your record and comments. First copy the topics above and then open a "New Thread" with the NAME OF THE BUSINESS and/or the TOWN WHERE THE BUSINESS IS LOCATED, then paste what you just copied there and then fill in the information.

Site Search:

Old 08-30-2010

Default M & M Truck Repair in Tacoma

I had an appointment at M & M Truck repair last week and when I arrived and saw Martin "the owner" I asked him how things were going. He said not too good. and then told me that M & M Truck Repair was no more, that it was not A & E Truck Repair and that he was no longer the owner.

Martin had been in business for 24 years and his book keeper had been with him for a long, long time. Ut seems that to facilitate doing business he had given her a Power of Attorney some years ago. She used that to clean out his accounts and put him so far in debt that he was forced to declair bankruptcy. The interesting things is that there is no way to prosecute her because everything she did was legal even though, in an honest man's opinion, it was stealing. Certainly not a wise business decision on Martin's part.

The state will not let Martin own anything for some number of years is my understanding. The repair shop is open under a new name owned by the employees who have been giving good service over the years. Service to my Bird was prompt, thorough, and not too expensive.

Amateur Radio - KG7V
Old 08-30-2010

Power of Attorney is a very dangerous thing; I think it should only be used in life-and-death situations...

Mike Shaw
98 LX
Northern Virginia

Old 08-30-2010

That's sad.
I read about that happening all of the time.
I know a guy that was a partner in buisness for 20+ years. One Friday before leaving on vacation (first in 20+years), his partner handed him a stack of papers to sign, and he did. When he returned from vacation, the partner asked him "What are you doing here.... you no longer work here".
He had signed his half of the buisness away, without even knowing.
Old 08-30-2010
Gardner

It is not uncommon at all for children of the elderly to do the same. My daughter works in geriatric social work, and very often the money the elderley thought they had, is gone. Sometimes it is the 'bad' child that the 'good' child trusted.
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 08-31-2010

Used to go to him when we lived in Washington.
Good mechanic BUT the thing we disagreed with is Martin said it was fine to used 15-40 oil in Detroits. Said he has used it for years on work trucks that came in with no problems.
Told him 40 weight or nothing.
Other than that, it was a good experience.
Old 08-31-2010
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird Bob View Post
the thing we disagreed with is Martin said it was fine to used 15-40 oil in Detroits.
That in itself speaks volumes. Enough said.