Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics

Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics Good Places To Stop For Repairs And Maintenance, Mobile Mechanics, Or Bad Places To Avoid Too -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please add the names of facilities that you can recommend for service and repairs for a 'Bird, or those places to avoid for the same things. Be sure to give as much information as you can....... NAME OF BUSINESS..... BUSINESS LOCATION..... BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER..... BUSINESS CONTACT PERSON..... YEAR/ MODEL/ENGINE/TRANS OF 'BIRD WORKED ON..... WHAT ARE THEIR HOURLY REPAIR RATES..... SERVICE WAS GOOD, OR BAD..... WHAT KIND OF SERVICE, OR REPAIR WAS DONE..... REASON YOU RECOMMEND, OR AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM..... YOUR NAME..... Here is a tip about how to post your record and comments. First copy the topics above and then open a "New Thread" with the NAME OF THE BUSINESS and/or the TOWN WHERE THE BUSINESS IS LOCATED, then paste what you just copied there and then fill in the information.

Site Search:

Old 06-26-2011

We have an appointment with George at his home on July 5th to do some work. I am sure Randy will post some information soon. Russell was getting out of the RV business but said he would be happy to help locate parts if needed.
Bruce

Bruce and Sally Summerlin
Germantown, Tennessee
2000 LXi Millinium
Old 06-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoensing View Post
Absolutely Seguin is closer and we have heard so many good things about Clyde will use him when we are in TX. The advantage for us right now is we are traveling fulltime, right now in FL headed north. We won't be back in TX until Dec or Jan. George is the tech the oringal owner of our coach used for every repair and he was there and involved in the oringal build of the coach. Their is some value in that history.
Very good points!!

Liz
Lone Star Corral SKP park
Dhanis, Republic of Texas
SKPs
Liz
CORRAL NEWS Editor
www.lonestarcorral.com
Old 06-26-2011
Forum owner

I will call him next week.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 06-30-2011

Default George Morris

As most BlueBird owners know, George Morris is one of the top BlueBird mechanics in the country. After many years with BB, he worked for Bleakly for a period of time, who recently closed down. So George is now on his own. He is hoping to build an independent business servicing and repairing all makes of RV's.

We were fortunate enough to have spent the entire morning with him today. He came buy the campground we were staying at and helped me to address a few electrical issues I was having. A few relatively minor issues that we more an annoyance than anything else. But George came by and in about 2 hours had everything back to normal and working perfect. Including my backup lights that hadn't worked since I bought the coach 9+ years ago.

George gave me permission to post his phone numbers and any other info I wanted regarding him.

Having dealt with George from the time we got the coach, I can only say he's a class act. Knows his stuff. And certainly knows our Birds inside and out. If anyone needs his assistance, please feel free to give him a call. And of course always use him for service work when you're in the Perry GA area. For now, he's a mobile service tech. But he hopes to get a real shop and building at some time in the future. So let's give him our support and prayers that he makes a go of it and becomes super successful. With his knowledge of BB's we certainly need to keep him around for years to come. And oh yeah, he has a file cabinet chock full of chassis diagrams!

his numbers are: cell: 478-235-7467
home: 478-956-2908

Don & Jane
86 PT38 8V92
Pop Pop's Bus
Jeep cherokee in
24' car hauler

Last edited by Don Meyer; 06-30-2011 at 08:20 PM.
Old 07-12-2011
Forum owner

Default George Morris - Bird service in middle Ga.

If any of you want service in the Perry Ga area please call George Morris.
George was a tech at BB, and at Bleakleys for many years (35 and counting).
Cell # 478 235 7467

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 07-26-2011

Default George has to make a living

As Randy said "Also,George has to make a living,calling him for info is great,but be prepared to mail him a check for his time."

Well said Randy. As I searched for Norcold solutions, a lot of "RV" Tech's have a web site and you can pay with "Paypal" I think. Maybe this is something George can arrange.

But at a minimum, George needs to provide us with a way/address to remunerate him.

I know we all want George to be successful. Others of the "Old Team" are needed also.

Last edited by jwmp; 07-26-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-26-2011

We brought our coach to George last weekend. He is doing some needed repairs, but also checking it out, as we asked him, to see if anything else needs to be taken care of before it goes bad while on the road.

It was very comforting to actually talk to someone who really knew and understood the Bluebird. I don't know about anyone else, but we always have some anxiety when we bring the Bird in somewhere to get it fixed. But I am totally comfortable and confident with George working on it.

When we were heading back to Florida, in our car, we were only about an hour heading south when George called. He had already fixed a couple of the problems we had and he was calling to let us know the Bird was in good hands so we could sleep tonight.

I would highly recommend for anyone to utilize George. He is not that far off the interstate and has plenty of room to work on the vehicles.
Old 07-26-2011

The set up George has now works great for me. I am able to be a pair of helping hands and I learned more in two days about repairs than I imagined I could do on my own. I am loking forward to taking it back in August to get her ready for football season. Some day, might even be changing my own oil

Bruce and Sally Summerlin
Germantown, Tennessee
2000 LXi Millinium
Old 07-26-2011

I will be stopping at George's place in 2 weeks. Other than the obvious, top notch wrench on any Bird, Having been self employed all my life, I know this is new to George and his success will be our success. He has saved my Bacon more than once in the last 6 years, so lets help him make his new shop a Blue Bird haven for service and repairs. As far as calling him for help I'm as guilty as anyone perhaps more so. But that's part of being self employed. If you can figure out a way to get paid for your knowledge in an equitable fashion without insulting anyones senibilities, I'd like to know how to do it. Perhaps the honor system, drop some $$'s and a thank you note in an envelope for his time and knowledge. Paypal takes time and withdrawls cost money and MORE TIME wasted doing all of it. I can say from experiance the greatest waste of time for a skilled craftsman is paperwork & computer time, You don't get paid for that in a one man shop. Whatever you do don't waste his time.
Old 07-26-2011

I simply called George and got his address. You're correct, it's much easier that way.