Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Generators

Generators In this forum we will try to answer any of your questions about the different model generators that can be found on Blue Bird coach's.

Site Search:

Old 10-30-2011

Default Generator slide issue

Thought I'd share my frustration with my generator slide today. Generator would not start today, so I needed to get the slide out to troubleshoot. Got the tanks aired up, lubed the choke and got the Bennie started...then the fun started. The slide wouldn't retract enough for the locking levers to engage. I tried shifting the whole tray left and right, prying the whole thing, adjusting the slide valve to move faster, nothing worked.

OK, getting mad, staring at a problem head on and no answer...maybe that's the problem-look at it from the other way. Around the back side underneath (very carefully) I finally notice that the exhaust pipe from the generator is hitting the fixed exhaust pipe on end. That is what is stopping the slide! One tap with a hammer, try it now and in goes the slide.. Must have gotten loose or out of alignment, will need to adjust it next time I have it out.

The fun this bus brings about when you least expect it...
Falmouth, MA