Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Engine

Engine Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's engine.

Site Search:

Old 08-06-2008

Question Power Steering Pump

Does any one know what kind of fluid goes into the power steering reservoir? I am lost on that one, since I remember something about it NOT being regular power steering fluid from an auto store. Despite my 50 pounds of Wanderlodge Manuals, I do not have the info for servicing/ replenishing the power steering system.
Another subject: I thought you could not post on the old Yahoo Forum anymore, but That is where most question and answers are. I know I missed something somewhere, (it is called SENIOR MOMENTS), so I posted there and here.
Thanks to all
Old 08-06-2008
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juergen View Post
Does any one know what kind of fluid goes into the power steering reservoir? I am lost on that one, since I remember something about it NOT being regular power steering fluid from an auto store. Despite my 50 pounds of Wanderlodge Manuals, I do not have the info for servicing/ replenishing the power steering system.
Another subject: I thought you could not post on the old Yahoo Forum anymore, but That is where most question and answers are. I know I missed something somewhere, (it is called SENIOR MOMENTS), so I posted there and here.
Thanks to all
Jurgen,

You actually double posted your message on this forum and the still active for posting Yahoo WanderlodgeForum (one word). When we say that you can no longer post on the old Yahoo wanderlodge forum (one lower case word) that one cannot accept a posted message, but you can SEARCH the old posts and lookup FILES, LINKS, PHOTOS and it still has our active DATABASE for the rally sign up sheets. You still have to be a member of the old Yahoo wanderlodge forum in order to do all of that, but that is also free just like it always has been.

The confusion between the two Yahoo Wanderlodge related forums, was one of the reasons why we decided to switch over to this format, yet still keep it a FREE and openly accessible forum for everybody to use. So when we are referring to the Old Yahoo wanderlodge forum it is located at http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/wanderlodge/ notice at the end of the link it is just one word.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 08-06-2008

Mine uses 10w30 motor oil. It should be in your owners/operator manual in red lettering.

Former "Smoke N Mirrors" caretaker
Old 08-07-2008

Leroy
thanks for your reply, but that one item in red lettering is what I do not have, and I never thought of it before, and I never did get a complete factory handbook, only sraps and pieces that I put together to write up my own manual. I have everything in it so far except for the things I have not encountered yet, such as power steer pump.
Thanks again and
Happy trails

PS Does the Appalachian Trail start behind your house up on top of the hill? Yor area must be one of scenic beauty .
Old 08-08-2008

Yes the trail is very near here on Blood Mountain; Starts at Amicalola Falls, 5 miles away. I was up there a couple days ago as well as the Smokey Mountain parkway to Pigeon Forge. Very pretty ride.

Former "Smoke N Mirrors" caretaker

Last edited by jwasnewski; 08-08-2008 at 07:53 AM.