Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 05-08-2013
cmillsap

Default Slideout Issue

Well, on our way home from picking up the coach, we noticed the problems shown in the pics below after retracting the slide this morning. Anyone have any insight as to what has happened here? I went on top and pushed the aluminum strip back flush. I didn't mess with the other problem shown in pic 2.
BTW, the slide seal is ok and inflated.

The slide was worked on at Parliament just before we picked it up. They replaced the two hydraulic slide cylinders with new ones from HWH.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	slideout1.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	22078   Click image for larger version

Name:	slideout2.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	22079  
Old 05-09-2013
Forum owner

is that the track the awning fastens too?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 05-09-2013

Chuck . I also have this same issue with the aluminum track . in my case i did not retract the awning prior to moving the slide in .

i assume the added pressure on the track during retracting, pulled the strip up .

2000 LXI Single Slide (sold)
1999 Prevost Vantare 45

Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 05-09-2013

Randy . this is a trim piece of sort connected to the slide itself i believe . if the awning is not first allowed to roll up prior to retracting there is a added force pulling up on the trim piece .

at least this is my opinion and interpretation of Chucks photo .

1999 Prevost Vantare 45

Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 05-09-2013
cmillsap

Quote:
Originally Posted by al perna View Post
Randy . this is a trim piece of sort connected to the slide itself i believe . if the awning is not first allowed to roll up prior to retracting there is a added force pulling up on the trim piece .

at least this is my opinion and interpretation of Chucks photo .
Thanks Al,

I'll just not operate the slide until I get the coach home where I have the facilities to work on it. I'm Kinda winging it now, Traveling 2600 miles from Florida via TN to AZ with only a pair of channelocks and two screwdrivers.
Old 05-10-2013

Chuck . With the slide in , i was unable to move the trim piece in to its normal position . I could however freely move it with the slide extended .

from your photo , your trim appears to be bent so without tools and a ladder you can not make a proper repair .

i do not see any openings that would allow water to penetrate over a short time , so I agree with you, proceeding without a repair until home will not be a issue . I myself have been dealing with this issue for a month or so . It was when I started to see it getting worse that I decided it was time to get-er done .

I will take a few pics and email you . One day I will have one of my daughters help me figure out how to post pics .

1999 Prevost Vantare 45

Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com