Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions

Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions and related components.

Site Search:

Old 03-15-2009

Default tire pressure

I cant find recommended air pressures on my old 69 bird. Im running 90 lbs on the front and both duals. 9.00x20s. None of my literature has suggestions and there is no ratings anywhere on the coach. Any Ideas---Thanks ---Rob
Old 03-15-2009
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
I cant find recommended air pressures on my old 69 bird. Im running 90 lbs on the front and both duals. 9.00x20s. None of my literature has suggestions and there is no ratings anywhere on the coach. Any Ideas---Thanks ---Rob
Rob,

I'm not sure where the factory recommended tire pressures are pisted somewhere on your 'Bird, but you should read;

Wanderlodge Owners Group > Links, Files, Old Yahoo Forum Database and Downloads > Links > Tires and Wheels and Weighing Your 'Bird

I would suggest that you find a public weigh scale similar to what is described in HOW TO WEIGH YOUR BIRD.pdf and get the weights then look up the recommended tire pressures for your particular weights at each tire(s) position.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 03-24-2009

Default Tire pressure

Even if you find a tire pressure recommendation from BB somewhere on your rig, I wouldn't trust it. If I had trusted mine, my tires would be seriously overloaded for the weight I'm carrying. I had to increase my front and rear tire pressures 10-15 lbs over the BB numbers.

As someone has suggested, weigh your coach (good to do at an FMCA rally where you can weigh each wheel) and then after trying to sort of distribute the weight properly, look at the tire manufactures recommendations for the pressure needed for the weight you are carrying.

Lee - 423-292-5767 or Jacque 423-262-9569
or lnjdavis@gmail.com Please call or email instead of private messages

1995 BMC 37
300 HP Cummins 6CTA 8.3 Turbocharged Diesel
Boldly Going Nowhere
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #117