Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics

Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics Good Places To Stop For Repairs And Maintenance, Mobile Mechanics, Or Bad Places To Avoid Too -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please add the names of facilities that you can recommend for service and repairs for a 'Bird, or those places to avoid for the same things. Be sure to give as much information as you can....... NAME OF BUSINESS..... BUSINESS LOCATION..... BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER..... BUSINESS CONTACT PERSON..... YEAR/ MODEL/ENGINE/TRANS OF 'BIRD WORKED ON..... WHAT ARE THEIR HOURLY REPAIR RATES..... SERVICE WAS GOOD, OR BAD..... WHAT KIND OF SERVICE, OR REPAIR WAS DONE..... REASON YOU RECOMMEND, OR AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM..... YOUR NAME..... Here is a tip about how to post your record and comments. First copy the topics above and then open a "New Thread" with the NAME OF THE BUSINESS and/or the TOWN WHERE THE BUSINESS IS LOCATED, then paste what you just copied there and then fill in the information.

Site Search:

Old 05-21-2019

Default Coachcraft by MacDonald's 30th Anniversary

Recently while reminiscing where we are as a company, I realized that we are celebrating our 30th anniversary this year. Wow how time flies when you’re having fun. For a lot of folks, that may know our company but don’t know our history, I want to give you a brief run down.
For anybody who knew my dad, well, he was quiet the person. Anything he was involved with, he wanted it to be better than it was before. He was a perfectionist. I called him a tinkerer. From the time he got his first motor home up to his last, he was always changing, renovating and improving. We started out doing most of this work in the parent company, Woodcraft. He enjoyed going to rallies and at many rallies people would see his coach, and he would show them the things he had done.

This is basically how the business started.
In the beginning, people were wanting to have some of these same modifications made to their coaches. We were working on their coach in front of our woodworking facility and pulling men out of the wood shop to make these renovations. In 1989, we saw the opportunity for a whole separate business. There was a vacant building next to our existing facility which we rented to begin Coachcraft. In the early years, we strictly did interior renovations and modifications. Everything from flooring, upholstery, and even some floor plan changes. But we were not a maintenance type of facility. In 1996, I purchased both businesses from my father, although he was not ready for full time retirement, he was ready for semi-retirement. We agreed that he would continue to work Coachcraft up ‘til 2002, before full retirement. When I fully took over the operation of Coachcraft in 2002, I realized that we needed to be more than just a renovation facility. We were missing too many opportunities for service work. So, we began to evolve into the full service facility that we are today.
Our growth to our point today has been a slow and controlled one. We try to take our time in finding the right people for the job. So far it has worked well. I am very blessed to have the crew that I have. For our customers, many who have become friends, I want to say thank you. For those, who are thinking about using us for the first time, please give us the opportunity. We will do our very best to make your visit with us an enjoyable one.
Thank you,
Brad MacDonald
1999 LXI
Old 05-21-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad MacDonald View Post
Recently while reminiscing where we are as a company, I realized that we are celebrating our 30th anniversary this year. Wow how time flies when you’re having fun. For a lot of folks, that may know our company but don’t know our history, I want to give you a brief run down.
For anybody who knew my dad, well, he was quiet the person. Anything he was involved with, he wanted it to be better than it was before. He was a perfectionist. I called him a tinkerer. From the time he got his first motor home up to his last, he was always changing, renovating and improving. We started out doing most of this work in the parent company, Woodcraft. He enjoyed going to rallies and at many rallies people would see his coach, and he would show them the things he had done.

This is basically how the business started.
In the beginning, people were wanting to have some of these same modifications made to their coaches. We were working on their coach in front of our woodworking facility and pulling men out of the wood shop to make these renovations. In 1989, we saw the opportunity for a whole separate business. There was a vacant building next to our existing facility which we rented to begin Coachcraft. In the early years, we strictly did interior renovations and modifications. Everything from flooring, upholstery, and even some floor plan changes. But we were not a maintenance type of facility. In 1996, I purchased both businesses from my father, although he was not ready for full time retirement, he was ready for semi-retirement. We agreed that he would continue to work Coachcraft up ‘til 2002, before full retirement. When I fully took over the operation of Coachcraft in 2002, I realized that we needed to be more than just a renovation facility. We were missing too many opportunities for service work. So, we began to evolve into the full service facility that we are today.
Our growth to our point today has been a slow and controlled one. We try to take our time in finding the right people for the job. So far it has worked well. I am very blessed to have the crew that I have. For our customers, many who have become friends, I want to say thank you. For those, who are thinking about using us for the first time, please give us the opportunity. We will do our very best to make your visit with us an enjoyable one.
Thank you,
Brad MacDonald
I'm planning on bringing my bus to your facility sometime next year. Ever since I bought my bus last year I read nothing but good things about your company here on this Forum.
Old 05-21-2019
Administrator

Congratulations Brad, & thanks for helping us.
Looking forward to see you folks at the WOG Pine Mountain Rally
Old 05-21-2019

Congratulations and thanks for all your past help
Cape Cod,ma
Old 05-21-2019
Forum owner

Hi Brad,you know i knew your dad,from way back.
We were both pups in those days,how time does fly!
Thanks for being part of WOG,and happy anniversary!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 05-21-2019

Looking forward to congratulating you personally in a month!

Debbie Huffman Grey
Finally full-timing / Kids in Houston, Texas
1985 PT-40 "Festina Lente"
1993 Toyota Pickup "Phoenix"
FMCA 424082 VB 1639 SKP 112690 GS Life Member
Old 05-21-2019
97 WLWB 43' Series 60

Brad,

Congratulations on your success!
Looking forward to our next visit!
EMail: cesalie2@yahoo.com

Wannabe Wanderer
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost"
Old 05-22-2019

Brad,

Congratulations! Thirty years is a tremendous milestone.

I thoroughly enjoyed meeting and talking with you at WOG last year, and look forward to further conversations.

I’ll be calling as soon as I return from my current trip to see when I can get in for evaluation of a few issues.

Thanks for your dedication.
VerleyBird
Old 05-22-2019

Happy anniversary Brad, and thank you for the support for these great machines!
1986 PT40 8v92
"Sturdy Birdy"
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=352
ce@pinelandplantation.com
Old 05-22-2019

Happy Anniversary! Brad and his team are one of the few places that welcome working on our Birds. They also are our main sponsor for the free WOG rally at Pine Mountain in October along with other rally's throughout the year. Coachcraft is a big part of our community. Thanks for all you do!
Brooks, GA
Kip Cindy & Cody
678-523-7920