Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > News > Top News Stories (MODERATED)

Top News Stories (MODERATED) Top news stories posted here. Feel free to join in and discuss. All threads and posts here are MODERATED

Site Search:

Old 01-16-2008

Default New Coach

Any sightings of the new coach yet?
Crit Bliss '80FC33 chatham,ma
Old 01-16-2008
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crit Bliss View Post
Any sightings of the new coach yet?
Crit Bliss '80FC33 chatham,ma
Come back to the forum at about 4:01pm today and there is a GOOD bet that you may see one then

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 01-16-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamflagman View Post
Come back to the forum at about 4:01pm today and there is a GOOD bet that you may see one then
All that I'm waiting for is the call from Randy, telling me that they are actually showing the new "Bird and then I can post some photos for you. Macy must be long winded today

JOHN FINN
1982 FC35RB
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 01-16-2008

Thanks John, the new coach looks great!
Crit Bliss '80FC33 catham, ma
Old 01-16-2008

5:30 pm CST the website is not active. Well boys I hope the show is going well.
Looked at the shots already posted------ --------- ----
The jury is still out. I am glad they lost the stainless panties. I never thought it suited the Bluebird.

Kurt Horvath
95 PT-42 WLWB
10AC
Old 01-17-2008

I checked the HIT count on my photo web site where Carol Dupree and I have photos of the 2009 'Bird and it looks like they are being looked at quite a bit, over 125 HITS so far, so keep on looking at them and then give your opinions about the NEW 'Bird right here.

JOHN FINN
1982 FC35RB
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 01-17-2008

Default New Bird: Still a no show on web site

Thank you Carol for the photos. I have been waiting with great anticipation for an eyeball on the new coach.

The Legacy Returns website is still not functioning. I am sure that more than a few of us are dissapointed with this oversite.

From what I've read in the few posts most folks like what they see, but after veiwing the photos I tend to agree with Gardner. It is quite flashy. but not the practicle coach most people that own vintage birds have come to know and love. Exception being the musical horns of course

I paticularly do not like the sinks in the bathroom.Try cleaning behind and under that sink. Parliment has been doing that for years and in certain applications it is beutiful, but not very practicle.

Where's the Wanderlodge dash board? Everybody who has ever seen the BB dash has the same reaction, COOL MAN, WAY COOL !!!!!!! Take the traditional look and make it an all GLASS DASH. with full cockpit controls for all coach functions. From looking at the photos the fit and finish are not up to snuff for a $1M coach from any Mfg.

I'm not sure what Legacy CCW is refering to but it isn't traditional B.B., at least up until the mid 90's. B.B. has always been behind the times according to many high end coach builders. But that in reality has been their strongest atribute. They built big, tough, strong, bus based motorhomes that as anyone can see have outlived all the competion. Bar none.

Once you hit a certain price point it isn't really a consideration for people who have that kind of money. They want what they want! At $1 Million if that is the price for a new BB you may be able to trade on brand loyalty for a while but there is stiff competion out there. I wish CCW the best of luck.

This coach will certainly evolve into a great motorhome. A good looking motorhome with all the curent bells and whistles. Is it a Bluebird Wanderlodge? Or is it S.O.B. Only time will tell.

Kurt Horvath
95 PT-42 WLWB
10AC
Old 01-17-2008
sweeperman

Nice looking Buss! any spec,s on It ie engine trans gen?
Vienna OH
908 902 8379
Old 01-17-2008
Forum owner

i'll post the story tomorrow,its late and i've been runing wide open since before daylight today.
Paul Lazar,sorry about the gennie noise so early!heheheee!!
i will comment very quickly on the fit and finish.
I looked the fit and finish over very closely,the problems i saw and felt were simple things like door gaps on cabinets,but keep in mind this coach is not for sale,and it was built in a very short time. most of the door gaps can be adjusted,the hinges are adjustable.
the bedroom area is a conferance room,not a bedroom and the sofas didnt fit just perfect,but they are way better than leaving the room empty.
most of this stuff is just fine tuning,and believe me,it will get fine tuned if it takes a whole new crew to get it done.
also remember that the Crew is a bit rusty,they have been painting the factory walls,setting up shelving,installing new computers,****,give them a chance!
most of it was very nice,and let me say that the 2008 coach (no pics!) was flat out awesome,i didnt see anything wrong with it at all!!

no,i'm not on the payroll,and i call it as i see it too!
Randy