Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > New Members

New Members New members to the forum are welcomed here.

Site Search:

Old 09-30-2019

Default We got the itch...

Hey everyone, I'm Chris!

My girl, Alexa, and I have been toying with the idea of trading in our mundane typical suburban life for one with more character. We've been planning long-term for our sailing adventure, but we've always had the idea of a land-locked option rolling around in our heads for an interim goal.

Long story short, we got an offer to move to Portland, OR from Tampa Bay, FL and although apprehensive (mainly due to the social/political climate because the natural one can't be beat!) we jumped at the chance to get even closer to a more serene (and cooler) environment. Although, I have been prepared to jump into the lifestyle for years, she took a little coaxing... in the form of nearly double the living expense to be up here vs FL! We're now plotting for a mid/late-2020 purchase to get away from not only the rip-off that is rent, but also the cruddy city atmosphere and are all but convinced that we need to find a Wanderlodge as our new home. She's more into the cost aspect, but I know comfort and amenities are just as important and this line of coaches are hard to beat for the price.

We're looking forward to getting to know the community more as we delve further into this rabbit hole, so don't be a stranger! I'm somewhat mechanical and great with home rennovations/repairs, so if anyone is in the area and ever needs a hand, it'll be just as beneficial to me to learn new things about these things as it is to you to get the project done faster. We're a little younger (30's) than some looking to get into the scene, but we seem to find our place in all crowds.

Talk to you all soon! Thanks in advance for all of the knowledge!!
Old 09-30-2019

More and more of us younger owners are coming on board and its great! You made the right step by coming here instead of Facebook.

Too bad you aren't still in Tampa. There's going to be 100+ coaches of every variety just south of Atlanta in a couple weeks. It would have been a great opportunity to window shop!
kg4rrx@gmail.com 404-547-1951
Old 09-30-2019

Yeah, YouTube and Instagram has given the allure of profitability and infinite humble-bragging to the masses in this industry as of late, lol. There's going to be a pretty decent sized show coming up in a couple of weeks over here, so we plan to head to that. We're both woefully ignorant with RV's right now because our whole plan has been based on the water, so we're hoping to start getting a quick education with these shows and this forum.

Luckily, our main shop is still in the Bay area, so we have the luxury of shopping in both regions without it hurting the bank account.
Old 09-30-2019
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyBazoo View Post
Yeah, YouTube and Instagram has given the allure of profitability and infinite humble-bragging to the masses in this industry as of late, lol. There's going to be a pretty decent sized show coming up in a couple of weeks over here, so we plan to head to that. We're both woefully ignorant with RV's right now because our whole plan has been based on the water, so we're hoping to start getting a quick education with these shows and this forum.

Luckily, our main shop is still in the Bay area, so we have the luxury of shopping in both regions without it hurting the bank account.

RV shows can be exciting,before you see a Bird in person!
After you have been in a bird you will throw rocks at the other brands.
Not including Prevosts and Newells.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 09-30-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
RV shows can be exciting,before you see a Bird in person!
After you have been in a bird you will throw rocks at the other brands.
Not including Prevosts and Newells.

I do not doubt this one bit! I have the pleasure of passing by the Marathon factory every so often heading down I5, but even from the outside I'm not impressed.
Old 09-30-2019

Welcome Christopher & Alexa.
Attend a Bluebird rally if at all possible and ask all the questions you want. We love talking about the lifestyle.
fmca 200288
eglider03@gmail.com
Old 09-30-2019

Welcome! As Paul said...attend a rally. Check out different Birds to see what fits your lifestyle, but find out the best reason to own one of these quality machines......the people on this group!
Just so happens there's a pretty big one coming up next month...and I happen to know there's yerts and cabins still available!
Brooks, GA
Kip Cindy & Cody
678-523-7920
Old 09-30-2019

*yurt
kg4rrx@gmail.com 404-547-1951
Old 10-01-2019

You made the right choice to start here. We started last year and with Randy’s help we found our coach by December, by March we were flying to Florida to pick it up. The drive back to California was eventful to say the least and honestly we would not have made it back as easily as we did without the help of this community! I have been around the world and have never had people who didn’t know me to leave their home to come to my rescue like Steve Gureasko or Carl Threatt did when we needed help on our way back. Right now we are 3 months or so into our journey in WA and in a couple of days heading to Nebraska to visit with grandkids.

I would say this, buying an older coach is not for the “faint of heart” especially if you are not mechanically inclined! I also would say, there is not much you can’t overcome with the help of people here and the ability to reach into your pocket!

Best of luck in your search and call if you would like to talk or ask questions.

Happy trails,
sskhosravi@gmail.com
www.coddiwomplers.org
Old 10-01-2019

Congrats and welcome! Talk to Randy if you have not already and you will be happy you did
stuart@safcofoam.com