Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > Comments and Questions about the Wanderlodge factory

Comments and Questions about the Wanderlodge factory If you have a comment or a question about the Wanderlodge factory, ask them here.

Site Search:

Old 09-01-2009
cmillsap

Here's the auction company's website address;
www.hudsonmarshall.com/auction/php

Chuck
Old 09-01-2009
cmillsap

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmillsap View Post
Here's the auction company's website address;
www.hudsonmarshall.com/auction/php

Chuck
Sorry, it's

www.hudsonmarshall.com/auction.php
Old 09-01-2009

I can't seem to find the BB auction listing. Where do I go to find it?

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support
Old 09-01-2009

it is not posted yet

Email stephen@dupreeproducts.com
www.dupreeproducts.com
Telephone 888 668 4288
cell 716 220 1267
Please use email or telephone to contact
Old 09-01-2009

I guess I'm too impatient for info!!

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support
Old 09-01-2009

John

Some one must have an ESP, there is nothing showing on the auction house web site.
You would think that the auctioneers would want to have their planned auctions on line and advertised early on so that the buyers are ready with their dollars in hand.

Anyways will keep looking, I am hoping that the first bidder is still on line to complete the deal and soon.
2003 H3-45 S2
TGO Titusville, Florida
dukeflyer2507@att.net
248-935-5390
Old 09-01-2009

Randy and all ----- what was the consensus of the best way to acquire and make available the records, schematics, etc

Do you all feel this is better handled as a private business enterprise or as a group as in the “wanderlodge preservation society” I seem to remember that from some past post?

I’m guessing the real expense would be the scanning of documents, longterm storage and the organization that it would take to make them usefull.

Did you guys start raising money yet?

Steven B what do you think?

I would want to help preserve the records too as I’m sure we all would…

I really have no idea but would guess .... that the sale of individual records to bluebird owners alone may not support itself financially …… anybody?

What is the most valuable info? What would be in two truckloads of filing cabinets?

It just occurred to me that you all may not want to talk about some of these issues on a public forum if that is so please include me in your group email
89 PT40

Last edited by michael3536; 09-01-2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old 09-01-2009
Forum owner

Heres how I see it.
Whoever gets the records will have to have an air conditioned building to put it in.
There will have to be a caretaker
There will be trucks involved in the transportation of the records
The film will have to be put on disc.
How will this all be paid for?
who will do the work?
where will the records be stored?
How will copys of the records be sold?
Who makes the copys?
will buying equipment for making copys be required?
How much is the info worth?

I think we or somebody needs to get this info/records,and i will be willing to do whatever I can.
But,I'm not the best guy for paperwork,and i'm not very computer savvy.

So,how the heck do we pull this off?
who collects the money?
How do we get the word out to other bird owners?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 09-01-2009
Forum owner

before you guys flood my mail box,if you want to donate money to the cause,what do you expect to get for your money?
do you want to be reimbursed?
do you want interest on the money?
or can you just afford to be a part of this?
I don't know if it will ever make any money to pay you back.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 09-02-2009

Hey Randy,
Just a thought…Since time is of the essence, consider immediately gathering a small group of dedicated investors from the owners forum {10 to 20 investors maximum} with a committed contribution of $1000.00 each registered member. Install the total investment funds into a “pay-pal escrow” account with access by you and a treasurer only. Once you’ve got the core group funds committed {and you think it'll be enough money to be a player} head to the auction. If the records/data can be purchased for 1/8 to 1/3 or hopefully less of the total funds you’ve got from the investors make the purchase while leaving the remaining funds in the escrow account at pay-pal. Once the physical records/data are secured with the funds supplied by the investor group pay to truck them to a data storage company such as Iron Mountain in Ohio. Most data storage companies such as Iron Mountain will both store the physical records/data and transfer the records/data to an e-file format. Records/data transfer is another fee based process. Using the funds generated from the initial investor group facilitate the process of trucking the records/data and the records/data transfer. Once the records/data is relegated to an e-file format by the data company it can then be sent from the data storage company to a new area of the Wanderlodgeownersgroup.com forum where members must pay-as-you-go to access files from the records/data stored at this new area on the owners’ forum {head to a site called p4a.com as an example of a pay-as-you-go information site. I use p4a.com to retrieve data about Native/Western arts I am appraising} Again… using a Pay-pal type system the member can access valuable technical information as needed at a market rate established to return the initial investment of the investor group. If the records/data are as important to the Blue Bird society as many think then it shouldn’t take long to re-coup the in initial start-up investment. The treasurer can pay “dividends” per-sey quarterly or yearly to the initial investors from funds generated by pay-as-you-go process. It’s simple enough really with the hardest part being the acquisition of the records/data from the auction for a price that will also allow additional processing of the data. If the endeavor is under-funded it simply will not survive even the beginning steps of the auction. If the records cannot be acquired and the effort fails for what-ever reason… the funds can be returned to the initial investor group minus any clerical fees associated with establishing a pay-pal account. Nothing ventured - nothing gained!
Also… a simple contract can be created, agreed to and electronically signed by the initial investors as-to the stipulations concerning returns on the THEIR initial investment portion. Since this endeavor is more for the archival of Blue Bird information profitability for such an investment should be considered nil and a non-issue. And… Once the initial investment/investors are paid in full Randy Dupree/Wanderlodgeownersgroup.com will retain sole ownership of the information stored at the site and Randy Dupree/Wanderlodgeownersgroup.com shall be the sole beneficiary of the funds generated by future pay-as-you-go membership to the file storage. Once the investors are paid in full you can change the rates for access to the records/data part as you see fit.
As always… all the aspects of the wanderlodgeownersgroup.com social areas will remain free access with log-in except the Blue Bird records/data aspect of the site. Nope… it’s not an iron-clad – no fail plan but it’s an idea!
I’ll commit a buy-in for the data!