Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions

Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions and related components.

Site Search:

Old 10-03-2009
Complete Greenhorn

Default Picked my poison - TOYO M147's

I was anxious about making a decision that I would regret. After many hours of study and indecision, I put new tires on my FC. I went with Toyo M147's. I had Toyo's on my old Toyota Tercel and got 80K miles out of them. I had some Sumitomo's lined up. I have heard good things about them and the ones on my sports car are Japanese. The dealer said they were Japanese, but turns out they were made in China and his distributor couldn't get any made elsewhere. They probably would have been fine, but Robin oversaw the transaction. The Toyo's are made in the US and have a steel sidewall and are date coded 3309. I got them thru a different dealer. Had a bit further of a drive. First set ordered arrived incorrectly as Load Range G's. The H's (same price!) are on "national backorder", but he got some out of Orlando and Tampa. Only has been able to get 5 so far, but I had them put on. Good thing I did as it turned out one of my rears had a 4" x 8" hole out of the sidewall. No idea when that happened. I had checked it a couple of weeks ago. I've been driving around fat, dumb and happy. Best old one swapped and remounted as a spare. I kept the others and listed them on craigslist for cheap as they have good tread. Total bill for 5 was $1845 including the disposal of the holy tire. Seems like a good price, the guys were very reasonable, quick attentive service. I went to pick up the coach after hours and one of the guys showed up when he saw someone pull in. He was just there to protect my coach. WOW!

Production Tire in Bonita Springs FL, right off US41/Tamiami Trail. Highly recommended.

1979 FC33 Buddy Luce's bus (looking for a name)

LARGE MARGE - She left me for another man
Old 10-03-2009

John,

I have never run Toyo's but my BIL really liked them on his 18 wheeler. He swore by them and is very hard to please. Good luck.
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad