Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > Comments and Questions about the Wanderlodge factory

Comments and Questions about the Wanderlodge factory If you have a comment or a question about the Wanderlodge factory, ask them here.

Site Search:

Old 12-03-2009
Forum owner

Absolutely right John,we do need to get a few items for the club house kitchen.
I think the fridge is still there,but no stove or washers/dryers.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-03-2009
pgchd

Quote:
mynavion :
To expand on this, although I haven't seen it since the auction, my understanding is that somewhere between the previous ownership and now the stove, refrigerator, washers & dryers (?) have "disappeared". I would tend to think that either we should include all or part of these in the clean-up/repair fund or create a separate fund for these items. Thoughts?
- funny, when I told Donna, the washer and dryer "service" was the first thing she asked about!
- Since this was in the announcements and the "board" has not met yet, I wasn't sure you were looking for suggestions so I kept my post short.... here are a few things to think about /suggestions:
- fridge, carpet, stove, yes you can include in "donations" phase
- Washer / dryer - probably your biggest "use cost" appliance since everyone does laundry you have 2 options"
- as before free or included in nightly rate, then yes include the appliances in your "donation" bucket
- if you are "tight on money" then another option is to get a service to install commercial units and "split" the profits.... they do this all the time in condo's, apartments,etc.

lawyer...... you will probably need at minimum an LLC, bank account, blah, blah, blah..you know the drill all too well! :-) A "volunteer" from the group is 1 way to go or maybe talk to Carl and see if his "legal " team will moonlight for you and help out......... win- win..... you get inexpensive rates and Carl's legal guy looks out for his "vested interest" since he owns the nest.

Stake money: at some point you need to pay for all this.......start up...... suggestion, when the board decides on a nightly fee that covers all start up costs etc., offer a "limited time" nightly buy ahead..example........ I'll buy 2 weeks now and send you money to be used as I travel........ this way you get "stake money" now and for those of us who know they will use the nest when traveling are just paying in advance to help out. Obviously let people buy as many nights as they want but they are subject to the same "time limit" the board sets at a time as everyone else........

Last edited by pgchd; 12-03-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12-03-2009
Forum owner

OK,some good thoughts out there!
Does anybody else have something to say?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-03-2009

2 questions:

How do you propose to provide "security"?

How does the board expect to act fast enough for the (hopefully very) rare situation of asking somebody to leave? If it takes more than a day, damage could be done. Who is going to be there to physically throw them out?

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support
Old 12-03-2009
Can't re-member

John,

I don't know if you have ever been there or not but the Birds Nest is within the fenced/gated grounds of the plant with a security house at the gated entrance. We haven't gone into details yet with the new owner but I would assume at this point (at least until we have this discussion) that since he does own the campground and it is within the secure area then his guards will patrol it. Again at this early point this is all an assumption, if there were ever to be such an extreme instance such as you mention then it would go first through the plant security and then if need be the local police. Again, at this point all my assumptions. These are such details that will need to be worked out with the new owner.....

John Stiles
1980 33FC
"My Navion". SOLD
Stockbridge, GA
Old 12-03-2009

Randy;

I love the idea of pre-purchase of "time" at the nest. Count us in (if I ever find my cooler core).
Old 12-03-2009

Randy, I think this is a great idea. As a newbie, I obviously know nothing about how things were handled or run before except for what I've read here. I think what you and the owner are trying to do is nice, but could be a headache. To truly handle it correctly, it should be handled as a business, LLC setup or whatever, employees paid to handle things, etc. Who will collect the money, deal with issues if/when they arise, etc? If it was just an empty lot with no utilities/amenities, it might be easier to handle. Obviously whatever the owner is comfortable with will fly, but I can see some potential problems if its an "honor system" type setup. I've been part of homeowner type associations before (I see this as no different - liability insurance neede for both, board for both, rules enforcement for both, time donation for both) and all it takes is one "bad seed" to lead things astray. Not trying to rain on the parade, just trying to make sure everyone has the right expectations and understandings going in, so there are no surprises or disappointments.
VB 1570
Old 12-03-2009
Can't re-member

Thanks Markus,

Trust me we have been discussing these very same things and realize the potential headache here. While we may change our mind later, right now we're still hoping that these headaches for us will be outweighed by the benefit that can potentially be enjoyed by all. Hopefully both pride in what we are being offered along with the peer pressure of most not wanting it to be ruined by few will help. This will truly need to be supported and appreciated by all who make use of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markusfmeyer View Post
Randy, I think this is a great idea. As a newbie, I obviously know nothing about how things were handled or run before except for what I've read here. I think what you and the owner are trying to do is nice, but could be a headache. To truly handle it correctly, it should be handled as a business, LLC setup or whatever, employees paid to handle things, etc. Who will collect the money, deal with issues if/when they arise, etc? If it was just an empty lot with no utilities/amenities, it might be easier to handle. Obviously whatever the owner is comfortable with will fly, but I can see some potential problems if its an "honor system" type setup. I've been part of homeowner type associations before (I see this as no different - liability insurance neede for both, board for both, rules enforcement for both, time donation for both) and all it takes is one "bad seed" to lead things astray. Not trying to rain on the parade, just trying to make sure everyone has the right expectations and understandings going in, so there are no surprises or disappointments.

John Stiles
1980 33FC
"My Navion". SOLD
Stockbridge, GA
Old 12-03-2009
Just the Driver

Default Birds Nest

I feel that John's point should be well taken, one of the board members is going to be the plant manager and he will be on site IF there is a emergency problem.

Randy has put together a great group as a board and I feel that we should let them get a basic plan together, put it out to the membership and proceed without making things harder than they are. I agree that everyone needs to be protected and the owner would be crazy to allow this if his interest were not covered.

Before we go and make this a commercial enterprise with paid employees which would require taxes being filed.....etc...... we sould look at obtaining insurance coverage for this as a social club in that it is restricted use, members only as I feel that this may be less expensive in the long run.

I feel that I can speak for all that we have trust in the board, let them get a basic plan in the works and we can adjust as needed. This is a work in progress and there are going to be bumps in the road. Just my thoughts.

Bryan and Karen Altier
2006 M450 LXI. “Ruffin it EZ II”
2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock
Greenville, SC
Altierb@bellsouth.net
Old 12-03-2009
Forum owner

OK,security.
Heres the deal.
As John Stiles has said,the park is behind the employee parking lot,you have to drive through that parking lot to get in the nest.
Theres a 6' chainlink fence around the entire place,and theres barb wire on the top.
All of that is concealed behind shrubs and trees,and when you enter the parking lot there is a guard house and a guard 24 hour 7.
You don't get in unless he opens the gate.
In the past you had to sign in also,I think thats a good idea.

I have never heard of anyone being asked to leave the nest (well,except for me) in the 20 years i have been around the factory,its a self policing kind of deal.
WE WILL NOT BE BABYSITTERS.
If we have to babysit we will close the place down,its that simple.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com