Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics

Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics Good Places To Stop For Repairs And Maintenance, Mobile Mechanics, Or Bad Places To Avoid Too -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please add the names of facilities that you can recommend for service and repairs for a 'Bird, or those places to avoid for the same things. Be sure to give as much information as you can....... NAME OF BUSINESS..... BUSINESS LOCATION..... BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER..... BUSINESS CONTACT PERSON..... YEAR/ MODEL/ENGINE/TRANS OF 'BIRD WORKED ON..... WHAT ARE THEIR HOURLY REPAIR RATES..... SERVICE WAS GOOD, OR BAD..... WHAT KIND OF SERVICE, OR REPAIR WAS DONE..... REASON YOU RECOMMEND, OR AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM..... YOUR NAME..... Here is a tip about how to post your record and comments. First copy the topics above and then open a "New Thread" with the NAME OF THE BUSINESS and/or the TOWN WHERE THE BUSINESS IS LOCATED, then paste what you just copied there and then fill in the information.

Site Search:

Old 09-02-2011
ANOTHER REDNECK

been there done that ...........no big deal
Just a Hobby Shop now-Bird Repairs upon Appt and my Schedule -USAR Retired
Pleasanton Tx 78064
Do not use PM... please use
rwoody@fullnet.net
http://www.ebay.com/usr/woody19571

Old 10-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Robinson View Post
Just returned from my second trip to M & M Auto Sales Eloy Az. I was there last year and received my first great wheel polishing job. They acid wash, then neutralize, followed by high speed right angle polishers/jewelers rouge. They finish off with hand polishing with aluminium polish. Monkey nuts are removed and polished individually. Cost is $5.00 a wheel. Yes that is five dollars a wheel. I tip very well of course. A tip for the tipper.....tip the polisher and not the office. For those interested M&M is on the north side of I-10. They are on the left about 1 block from freeway. By the way Flying J fuel was $3.15 and I topped up with 73 gallons. .
What is a monkey nut?
"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."
Captain Jack Sparrow
Old 10-10-2011

Chrome caps over lugnuts.

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support
Old 10-31-2011
Itchintogo

I was there last Friday and M&M has been leased out to different people now. "Pac Man" the fellow from Southern Georgia is now at Flash Polishing along with another major polisher fellow from M&M. You take exit #203 Telco Rd North of the freeway still turn on Outer Rd but turn (left) west again at the Carls Jr.

Still 5 bucks a wheel but the crew is now at Flash polishing.
Old 03-13-2013
Forum Moderator

Today dropped by M&M and had the wheels polished again. Annual event now. Still $5 a wheel. Then I crossed over I-10 and filled up at Flying J. The cheapest price I saw was $3.919 for car diesel but when Sue went in with our Pilot Rewards card they dropped the price down to $3.889. I filled up at the RV island.
Old 10-15-2013

Quote:
Today dropped by M&M and had the wheels polished again. Annual event now. Still $5 a wheel. Then I crossed over I-10 and filled up at Flying J. The cheapest price I saw was $3.919 for car diesel but when Sue went in with our Pilot Rewards card they dropped the price down to $3.889. I filled up at the RV island.
Rob, is the place you go Flash Polishing (3200 N Chesley Rd) or is it M&M on W. Outer Road? Just trying to clarify before I get down there.

1994 WB40 and a slow '73 Nova SS
Palomino Valley, NV

Where we are...

Once more I have to ask "What did humans ever do to deserve dogs?"

Map of Service Centers
Old 10-15-2013
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealinNevada View Post
Rob, is the place you go Flash Polishing (3200 N Chesley Rd) or is it M&M on W. Outer Road? Just trying to clarify before I get down there.
Neal I go to M&M. They are right beside another polisher but I can't remember the other polisher name. M&M uses a mild acid wash to remove hard water spots and other stuff and then big right-angle grinders with felt polish wheels and jewelers rouge. Here's a link to an Airstream forum which has a picture of the store front. Might help you recognize it when you see it.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f441...az-110822.html
Old 10-15-2013

Quote:
Neal I go to M&M. They are right beside another polisher but I can't remember the other polisher name. M&M uses a mild acid wash to remove hard water spots and other stuff and then big right-angle grinders with felt polish wheels and jewelers rouge. Here's a link to an Airstream forum which has a picture of the store front. Might help you recognize it when you see it.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f441...az-110822.html
M&M it is...thanks Rob!

1994 WB40 and a slow '73 Nova SS
Palomino Valley, NV

Where we are...

Once more I have to ask "What did humans ever do to deserve dogs?"

Map of Service Centers
Old 10-29-2013

I went to M & M today and had my wheels, bumpers and mirrors polished - $80 (plus a tip).
Their address is 518 S Sunshine Blvd (exit 208) in Eloy - right across the street from Pilot/Subway . Nobody was there when I arrived about 11:00 but the number that was listed on the Airstream site worked - (520) 483-5571.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2352.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	25346   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2354.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	25347   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2353.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	25348   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2357.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	25349   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2364.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	25350  

Old 10-29-2013

Any tips on doing it yourself. My wheels have been neglected for the last 10 years. I polished one but it was a lot of work and the others have more pitting.

I tried a bunch of different polishes which worked but for the worst surfaces need something a bit more aggressive to get the worst of surface corrosion up before I move done to finer materials to get a good shine.

What tool set should I have. It is particularly difficult to get it clean around the lug nuts and the baby moon has some surface rust. And I don't particularly want to be taking the wheels off the bus.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3810-1.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	25351  

Paul & Janice Olson
Morrison, Colorado
Mi-Vida-Loca
1984 PT40
KoWSU