Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 09-22-2010

Default Slide seal costs?

I have read the threads on M380 slide seal issues (both front and back). I know several have been able to repair the seals but in a worst case scenario, where do you buy the replacement seals and how much do they cost?

Also, am I correct that to reprogram (fix) the bedroom slide computer would run around $1200?

I know that problems get a lot of attention on forums and can overweight what might be a good design with rare break downs. But.....I am a little scared about the M380 slide issues and need to understand what I might be getting into with a M380.

As always, thanks for your help!

Steve
Old 09-23-2010

Steve, I have heard that a new seal cost around $3,000 plus labor to install, but I do not know for sure. I believe Johnney Anderson formally with Blue Bird and now with Parliment told me that the rear slide computer will cost about $1,200 to repair and reprogram. What I did was by pass the computer and the converter and directly wired both the slide motor and the seal actuator; my slide works perfectly now; I am very happy with my conversion. I intend to try and diagram what I did and post that on this site, but I have been swamped with work, work. I will get around to it but in the interim you can read somewhere on this site my brief description of how I did the conversion; it was not hard or expensive. I used the KISS principle keeping things simple.

Dennis
Old 09-24-2010

I haven't had any problems with my front slide or its seal. Could always start tomorrow. I wonder if any of the M380 slide seals were sold at the BB auction and now available for resale? Anyone know who the OEM might be? A Google search shows there are a lot of companies in the inflatable seal business.
Old 09-24-2010
Rockey Scientist

I got a deal on my '80's "no-slide" bus at Holland Motor Homes in Holland MI. They told me they "couldn't sell anything without slideouts". No one wants them. Most people want/expect 2-3 slide outs now.

Having owned a few new things and many old things in my day, the slide is the most obvious "future high maintenance" expense I've ever seen.

I'm real happy with my solid 4 sides with zero slides.
Old 09-24-2010
davidmbrady

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyspaulding View Post
Having owned a few new things and many old things in my day, the slide is the most obvious "future high maintenance" expense I've ever seen.

I'm real happy with my solid 4 sides with zero slides.
Do a search for slide issues on this forum. You'll find very little. Don't be afraid of a slide in a Wanderlodge.