Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics

Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics Good Places To Stop For Repairs And Maintenance, Mobile Mechanics, Or Bad Places To Avoid Too -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please add the names of facilities that you can recommend for service and repairs for a 'Bird, or those places to avoid for the same things. Be sure to give as much information as you can....... NAME OF BUSINESS..... BUSINESS LOCATION..... BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER..... BUSINESS CONTACT PERSON..... YEAR/ MODEL/ENGINE/TRANS OF 'BIRD WORKED ON..... WHAT ARE THEIR HOURLY REPAIR RATES..... SERVICE WAS GOOD, OR BAD..... WHAT KIND OF SERVICE, OR REPAIR WAS DONE..... REASON YOU RECOMMEND, OR AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM..... YOUR NAME..... Here is a tip about how to post your record and comments. First copy the topics above and then open a "New Thread" with the NAME OF THE BUSINESS and/or the TOWN WHERE THE BUSINESS IS LOCATED, then paste what you just copied there and then fill in the information.

Site Search:

Old 01-25-2009
Grand Curmudgeon

Default Parliament Coach - Clearwater, FL

I am still on my way home after spending 2 weeks at Parliament Coach in Tampa. Had the front of Ziggy repainted and a few minor touchups.

Other than the shear boredom of being there without Lyn for 2 weeks and living in a paint booth most of that time, I can't say enough good about their body and paint guys. They matched the six colors perfectly, including the metallic.

The final touch was having the mechanical areas detailed. I can't believe how good the engine and all machinery, having been painted etc, look. Ziggy has NEVER looked better.

The mechanical detailing included generator and battery areas. This is the bargain of the century for ONLY $250!!!!!!!

Two guys spent about 6 hrs detailing, that comes out to $20/hr and includes materials.

If you are in the Tampa area, get it done. Your coach will love you for it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0779.JPG
Views:	489
Size:	788.0 KB
ID:	1159  

Paul LaZar
St. Augustine, FL
Former owner of Ziggy
97 wb43
Old 01-25-2009

Wow. I must say, they did an excellent job on your engine. WELL WORTH the money!

While I don't have any purchasing experience with "Parliament" as it is currently known, my father bought his first Blue Bird, a 1984 FC35 from Harvey Mitchell when the company was known as Mitchell Motorcoach.

Good family business. I've been meaning to visit Parliament, but haven't yet been down there in the Bird...

-Robert
Linden, Michigan
Old 01-25-2009

Default Parliament

I purchased my bird from Parliament. I would buy my next one there in a hart beat. They did any thing we asked and gave us a tech for as long as we needed to go over an attend to anything we needed. Great company to do business with.
Old 01-25-2009
Forum owner

good to hear it came out OK,Paul!
sorry i missed you this year,the tapas were calling us for sure!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 01-25-2009

Default Parliament Coach

We just bought our 1995 from Parliament a week ago. It was a consignment coach, yet they did more than I ever expected them to do. They made everything work, replaced what needed replacing, and did it all with a smile. We were treated just like they probably treat a new Prevost buyer. Incredible. Their detailing of the engine compartment left me feeling as though we got a new coach. Now to keep it that way.
Old 01-26-2009
davidmbrady

Wow Paul, you got my attention, that looks phenomenal, and at a great price too. Do you have any pics of the front clip paint work?

David Brady
'02 LXi, NC
Old 01-27-2009
Grand Curmudgeon

David, when I return home, sometime later this week, I'll post before and after pics. I am VERY pleased with their work. They have a top notch body shop, after all, they do paint all of their conversions and they look great.

Paul LaZar
St. Augustine, FL
Former owner of Ziggy
97 wb43
Old 01-27-2009

We purchased our coach from Parliament in November 08 and found Ken Robertson and the rest of the crew at Parliament to be great to work with.

Dan Romero, the service manager is the most dedicated service guy I have ever met. He does prefer Prevost to Birds, but I can forgive him that flaw :-)
2004 Toyota Land Cruiser on a trailer
Old 01-30-2009
Grand Curmudgeon

Default Before and after

As requested, I have attached photos of the before, during and after of the paint job done at Parliament.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0753.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	421.2 KB
ID:	1192   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0770.JPG
Views:	381
Size:	590.8 KB
ID:	1193   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0782.JPG
Views:	385
Size:	776.3 KB
ID:	1194  

Paul LaZar
St. Augustine, FL
Former owner of Ziggy
97 wb43
Old 01-30-2009
davidmbrady

Paul,

Way to go. Ziggy's beautiful! Now you gotta stop tailgaiting those 18-wheelers!

David Brady
'02 LXi, NC