Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics

Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics Good Places To Stop For Repairs And Maintenance, Mobile Mechanics, Or Bad Places To Avoid Too -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please add the names of facilities that you can recommend for service and repairs for a 'Bird, or those places to avoid for the same things. Be sure to give as much information as you can....... NAME OF BUSINESS..... BUSINESS LOCATION..... BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER..... BUSINESS CONTACT PERSON..... YEAR/ MODEL/ENGINE/TRANS OF 'BIRD WORKED ON..... WHAT ARE THEIR HOURLY REPAIR RATES..... SERVICE WAS GOOD, OR BAD..... WHAT KIND OF SERVICE, OR REPAIR WAS DONE..... REASON YOU RECOMMEND, OR AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM..... YOUR NAME..... Here is a tip about how to post your record and comments. First copy the topics above and then open a "New Thread" with the NAME OF THE BUSINESS and/or the TOWN WHERE THE BUSINESS IS LOCATED, then paste what you just copied there and then fill in the information.

Site Search:

Old 12-18-2010
1983 FC 35 "Casa Billisa"

Default Cruisair Service

Hello All,

While here in St. Petersburg I decided to find a qualified AC service to PM my Cruisair units.

There are a lot of big boats around here and it gets pretty warm for much of the year so I figured this would be a good place to find someone familiar with these units. I called the Cruisair distributor and he put me in contact with M.E.S. (Marine Engineering Systems).

They sent out a guy called Nat to our coach and he went through them. The mid coach unit had been running 7 - 10 degrees warmer than the front and rear units.

The front unit had a slight pinging sound from the outside fan and was missing the speed control (potentiometer) and the rear unit was fine.

He added R22 to the mid unit and checked it for leaks and found none and now it is blowing nice and cold.

It was only in the low 70s yesterday so he said when it gets warmer to check the temp differential between the intake air and the exhaust air. If its not about 15 degrees cooler at the exhaust then call him and he will come back to add more R22. He put is as much as it would take yesterday.

He adjusted the fan motor on the front unit said the motor is on it way out but I can wait and get one at Graingers and change it out myself if it starts to bother me or gets worse. He replaced the speed control pot and topped off the R22.

He put the gauges on the rear unit and topped off the R22 there too.

These guys work primarily on boats but they know the bus units too and the only difference is instead of circulating air to exchange temp the boats use water.

He told me R 22 units are no longer being produced as of 2010 but R22 will be supported for some time as there are a lot of R22 units out there. (kinda like the CAT 3208 I guess).

Nat told me he worked on an older Hatteras last month that had Cruisair units from the 1960s and these were still working. He said the new units although more efficient, are not as tough and its not unusual to see them failing after a couple years. Lot of warranty stuff.

If you got em keep them clean and you can probably keep em going.

So far, so good.

BTW the total fee was just under $190.

NH Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Galley unit front curb side 12-10 175 (Large).jpg
Views:	325
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	7739   Click image for larger version

Name:	Electrostatic Filters Cruisair l 3-10 105 (1) (Large).jpg
Views:	362
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	7740   Click image for larger version

Name:	Crruisair Bedroom 3-10 002 (Large).jpg
Views:	311
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	7741   Click image for larger version

Name:	St. Petersburg 12-10 187 (Large).jpg
Views:	328
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	7742   Click image for larger version

Name:	MES.jpg
Views:	787
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	7745  
St. Petersburg, Florida
Wanderlodge Social: https://mewe.com/profile/5bfc750ae760be22b1797898

Last edited by NH Bill; 12-18-2010 at 01:35 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 12-18-2010
Timberlake Products Group

Great stuff Bill!

Nice having lunch with you the other day too. Bill has found the absolute coolest Italian Market to shop and dine at!!

Sorry it is such a wet day otherwise ya shoulda come up today Bill?

BTW, Bill has probably the nicest pretty well original 1983 FC35 side bath around... no kidding!

Glad your CruiseAirs are still giving you good service

Ryan and Michelle Saari
Timberlake Products Group, Inc.
1985 PT36
1983 FC35RB Left me for Atlanta!
Clearwater, Florida
https://www.timberlakeproductsgroup.com/
https://www.ebay.com/str/timberlakeproductsgroup