Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues)

BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your BMC coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....List your BMC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 04-29-2011
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Britton View Post
Brad, just for fun I would check the voltage at the headlight to see what you have there...it makes a big difference having proper voltage. If voltage is low you could add a Bosh relay with a good 12 supply going to the headlights.

I'm sure the BMC came with the relay set-up but just confirm the voltage is good and all is in proper working order.

Robert,

Out of a force of habit it seems that we still want to refer to the relays as Bosch relays but TYCO purchased the relay division of Bosch a few years ago. While I tried as hard as I could to purchase as many of the original Bosch relays that I could find, for my past 2 orders of 100 relays at a time I could no longer find any of the originals left in those quantities, there are however a few still around but are being sold at a premium. The TYCO relays that I have for sale are manufactured in the original Bosch factory in Portugal and as far as I can tell are of the same quality, I have sold a lot of them with so far no complaints;

Quote:
http://www.tycoelectronics.com/aboutus/news/prodnews.asp?id=910
Full Press Release

BENSHEIM, Germany - December 27, 2005 -- Tyco Electronics is to acquire the automotive relay business of Robert Bosch GmbH subject to anti-trust regulatory approvals. This business is to be integrated into the relay segment of Tyco Electronics Global Automotive Division and will be transferred to the Tyco Electronics Automotive Relays Competency Centre in Evora / Portugal.
The acquisition of these product lines provides an excellent platform for Tyco Electronics for the expansion of the 24 V businesses for trucks and busses, in the high current segment as well as in the spare part and retrofit markets, in which Bosch will continue to act as the sales channel for Tyco Electronics.
Tyco Electronics, a business segment of Tyco International Ltd., is the world's largest passive electronic components manufacturer; a leader in cutting-edge wireless components, complete power systems, and premise wiring components and systems; and a provider of critical communications systems to the Land Mobile Radio industry.
Tyco Electronics provides advanced technology products from over forty well-known and respected brands, including Agastat, Alcoswitch, AMP, AMP NETCONNECT, Buchanan, CII, CoEv, Critchley, Elcon, Elo TouchSystems, M/A-COM, Madison Cable, OEG, Potter & Brumfield, Raychem, Schrack and Simel.
Tyco is a trademark. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Press Contact:
Tyco Electronics Corporation
Petra Streifler
Manager PR & Advertising
AMP貥str. 7-11
63225 Langen
Germany
phone: + 49 6103 709 1699
fax: + 49 6103 709 1619
e-mail: pstreifler@tycoelectronics.com

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 04-29-2011
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmbrady View Post
John, I think you need to spruce up your posts, there may be one or two palette colors left unused!
Wait, I know I have my sunglasses around here somewhere. LOL!
I am trying to tone it down a bit, someone told me that the bright colors keep those noisy little rug rats away...............................but it doesn't work, they are probably playing with your sunglasses

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 04-29-2011
davidmbrady

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamflagman View Post
I am trying to tone it down a bit, someone told me that the bright colors keep those noisy little rug rats away...............................but it doesn't work, they are probably playing with your sunglasses
Thanks!
Old 04-29-2011

John I love your "colorful" comments; of course being color blind myself, I might not be the best one to compliment you!

95 WLWB 40' SOLD!

"RARA AVIS"

Morristown, Tennessee

FMCA #F27720
Old 04-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamflagman View Post
Robert,

Out of a force of habit it seems that we still want to refer to the relays as Bosch relays but TYCO purchased the relay division of Bosch a few years ago. While I tried as hard as I could to purchase as many of the original Bosch relays that I could find, for my past 2 orders of 100 relays at a time I could no longer find any of the originals left in those quantities, there are however a few still around but are being sold at a premium. The TYCO relays that I have for sale are manufactured in the original Bosch factory in Portugal and as far as I can tell are of the same quality, I have sold a lot of them with so far no complaints;
Aw...I still have about 8 of the Bosch relays with pigtail that I bought about 5 years ago. I didn't know that they are now being made by TYCO.
Old 07-25-2011

Lee, I didn't like the tail light design either. I ground the plastic molding down to flush, drilled two inch holes in the plastic and put sealed beams in the holes. I used yellow bulbs in the clear lenses and white in the red lenses of the original lenses. The yellow sealed beams are used for turn signals.
Old 10-29-2011

Default Tailights

Tim,

Sorry for the delay in responding, we have been in Europe for almost 3 months.

I am having trouble visualizing what you did. When you get a chance if it wouldn't be too much trouble could you send me a picture or two at my email address below of the back or inside of the lights?

If you could, that would be great. Or, if you know how to post pictures on the forum, (sorry John, I still don't) I'm sure some other BMC people would be interested.

Thanks,

Lee - 423-292-5767 or Jacque 423-262-9569
or lnjdavis@gmail.com Please call or email instead of private messages

1995 BMC 37
300 HP Cummins 6CTA 8.3 Turbocharged Diesel
Boldly Going Nowhere
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #117
Old 04-28-2013

Default Updates and or solutions ???

Hi Guys. Out with my buddy and his BMC and he is having the same problems addressed in this thread. Tail lights continually good out due to poor contacts and dim head lights. And any of you fellows found reliable solutions to these problems?

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 04-28-2013

WE have tailights in stock
I replaced my headlights at Rockauto.com the price was reasonable
Headlight were 1995 chev pickup
you have to recycle the mounts and adjusters from the bmc to the new lights

be sure to get them aimed it makes a world of difference

Email stephen@dupreeproducts.com
www.dupreeproducts.com
Telephone 888 668 4288
cell 716 220 1267
Please use email or telephone to contact
Old 04-28-2013

Hi Stephen, Did the replacements solve the problems? Expand please.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold