Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Tell Us Where You're At

Tell Us Where You're At As you travel around the country, why not take the time to tell our members where you have settled for the night, week, or month. There may be another member close by, that would like to meet you, so put that information right here.

Site Search:

Old 07-10-2016

Default Stick and Elise's Summer Trip

Just completed a 1978 mile trip with minimal problems. From Americus we went to Eufaula, Alabama and stayed in a very nice Corps of Engineers campground on Lake Eufaula called White Oak Creek. Sites are on or near the lake. We would go back here. Eufaula is really out of our way for the big trip, but we try to camp with my brother and sister-in-law once a year, and this was it.

After going south to Eufaula, we turned around and headed north toward Memphis. After we got through Birmingham, we had the only mechanical issue of the entire trip. Shane and others talked me through the “fix” and all was well. This cruise control issue is written up elsewhere.

In Memphis we camped at the Memphis Agricenter. (recommended) The campground is more of a holding pen (not in a bad way, but not a scenic destination) but it is in a great part of town and gives you easy access to all there is to do in Memphis. Full hookups with 50a available. Although we spent the night in the bus, we spent most of our time cooling off in a friend’s pool.

After 5 days in Memphis we went to Branson for 7 days. That is about 6 days too many in my opinion but I was with a group and, what could I say?

After Branson, we headed for Lake of the Ozarks, MO. It’s a beautiful lake but we could find no campgrounds that were actually on the lake. Our campground reminded me of the opening scene of “The Walking Dead.” I fully expected to be greeted by a zombie.

Drizzling rain and rusting trailers were too much for this city slicker so SHE and I decided to head for home. We’re used to going to the same place for HER birthday every year (July 4) and it was sort of a downer to be driving through St. Louis in the driving rain. We headed for Memphis.

Our friends were having a 4th of July party so that sort of made up for the fact that we weren’t at Lake Lanier in Georgia as is our custom.

Last leg of the trip was an overnight stop at my daughter’s house in Atlanta where I spent time with the WMWGC – world’s most wonderful grandchildren.

Back in Americus, SHE insisted we clean the bus that day, but I’m dragging my feet. Good trip, fair weather, great bus…and LOTS of diesel fuel.