Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV

Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV Ready to take the plunge or looking to upgrade and you have questions? Folks are standing by ready to help.

Site Search:

Old 02-26-2009

Default buying 2003 M380 need help

we are looking at purchasing a 2003 M380 and looking for help with checking it out before purchase within the next week. The coach is at Blekley in Ga.. Has 16,ooo miles and looks spotless. We are new members as of today so any good advise will be appreciated. Fellow Bluebird owner hooked us up with this deal,Thanks Doug!
Mr. T
Old 02-26-2009

Default Buying M380

Mr. T:

I have had an M380 for almost 6 years. They had a few problems at the outset such as delaminating but they have taken care of that stuff. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. The one at Bleakley is an excellent buy and I understand they are great to deal with.

I would look at the date code on the tires and also when all of the routine service items were done. It is about time to change the antifreeze if that hasn't been done as well as a recent oil change. I would recommend going to Cummins site and checking out the routine maintenance items on the ISL 400. The Vintage Birds site also had a good check list when shopping for Birds.

Good luck and jump in, the water is fine.

Amateur Radio - KG7V
Old 02-27-2009
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Default Chrck lists

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvjeanm380 View Post
Mr. T:The Vintage Birds site also had a good check list when shopping for Birds.
Terry,

Here is the link to the one that Marv is talking about and another one that you can print out and carry with you, when you inspect the 'Bird, they can be found at;

Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Buying an RV >

Vintage Bird Buyers Check List

Pre delivery Inspection (PDI) Pre-Purchase Check list on a New or Used RV

Be sure that when you purchase your 'Bird that you update your signature also.

I have also moved your thread using the same title over to Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Buying an RV

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 02-27-2009

Mr. T

Please feel free to call me directly and I'll be glad to answer any questions you might have about the M-380 or the folks at the dealership. I know them both well.

Office: (770) 592-9550 x104
Cell: (404) 849-8376

Doug Ralston
'03 M-380
Roswell, GA
Old 02-28-2009

Thumbs up purchase of 2003 M380

Thank you all for the info we appreciate it and will follow up with alot of you. Unfortuneatley we have been betrayed by the sales and finance department at John Bleakley in Unadilla Geogia and they pulled the carpet out from underneath our feet and sold the M380 on Friday after we had placed a deposit and went throught severeal calls of purchasing the Bluebird. We attempted several calls on Friday to Ron in sales and Trent in Finance and our messages went unanswered. At 4pm Ron calls to tell me the M380 they sold to someone else. As an owner of a service business we feel that Bleakley Motor Homes showed a large disregard to honesty and respect to a consumer and therefore will never recommend this dealer to anyone for any future RV purchases. We have moved on and are looking at another Bluebird with a reputable dealer. We are looking foward to ownership in the near future. Again thank you all for your invaluable information.We love this site
Terry and Heidi Trottier
Sandwich, Ma.
Old 03-02-2009

Howdy, Terry.
Sorry to hear that you had a disappointment with Bleakley RV. We had a bad service experience with that place and would NEVER recommend it to anyone.

There are other Birds for sale and hope that you will find another good deal.
Try BuyByeBlueBird.com. Randy is an honest man.

Regards,
Jack and Liz Pearce
Lone Star Corral SKP park
Dhanis, Republic of Texas
SKPs
Liz
CORRAL NEWS Editor
www.lonestarcorral.com

Last edited by JackandLiz; 03-02-2009 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Adding additional suggestion
Old 03-02-2009

In defense to Mr. T's accusations I would like to point out the following facts. 1. We agreed on a price and the deposit was applied to the coach AT THAT AGREED AMOUNT. When I spoke to Mr. T the following day he changed his mind about the agreed amount and was unwilling to pay that. At that point the coach became available and his deposit was taken off the coach. 2. We did attempt to renegotiate and Mr. T was to call me Thursday w/ an answer. He never did. I did have 2 customers coming in on Friday to look at the coach but if I would have heard from Mr. T on Thursday the coach could have been his. One of the customers on Friday purchased the coach.
I'm sorry Mr. T feels wronged but the coach could have been his if he would have kept his word and paid the original figure we BOTH had agreed upon.

Sincerely,

Ron Fauconniere Sales
John Bleakley Motor Homes
Unadilla, GA 31091
877-456-3700
478-987-4466 Home
Old 03-02-2009

We have dealt with Bleakley and Ron many times over the past 2 1/2 years and found him to be very honest in all dealings.
Joe and Beth Abrams
14 Bluebird Rd.
Covington, La. 70433
985 237 9060
1997 WL
Old 03-02-2009

Default Bleakley RV

Ron I find your version of the story amusing seeing I talked to you Thursday and your finance manager at my home on Thursday night. I am not upset that the deal took another direction, my wife and I are upset on how you handle it.
I know every story has 2 versions and every one is entitled to do business with whom ever,I just will not recommend you.
Old 03-02-2009
Grand Curmudgeon

Terry,

I'm a great believer in fate. With this being such a huge buyers market, there are MANY fine Birds for sale and the prices can't get much better.

I second the opinion to talk to Randy. You'll have to learn to speak redneck Florida cracker, but hey, no one's perfect. Seriously, Randy won't lie to you.

Disclaimer: I consider Randy a friend and that also makes me a bit prejudiced.

Paul LaZar
St. Augustine, FL
Former owner of Ziggy
97 wb43