Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 09-05-2016

Default 12.5 PowerTech W/ Isuzu Engine

Genny ran all day yesterday without a problem and now engine will not start.

When I turn on the genny the "timer" light illuminates and you can hear a buzzing sound but the start up process do not go any further.

I removed the top of control box (on top of unit) and notice the Bosch relay is the source of the sound. (The manual is a bad photo copy of what appears to be originally printed on a ditto machine. ) What I can read and surmise there are three relays 1) Pre-heat relay 2)run relay 3) starter relay. The preheat relay is the source of the vibration and sound.

Here is what I have tried
1) cleaned positive & negative post
2) Moved Bosch relay to different position. The issue is always with portion 1 preheat buzzing and the start up process not moving on.
3) Checked and cleaned glow plugs. All 3 passing current.
4) No loose or broken wires in control box.
5) Go to the WOG because I am out of ideas.

2000 LX 40 "[URL="http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/www.beachnest.net"]The Beach Nest[/URL]"
2010 Sprinter "Road Runner"
2014 Homesteder 8" trailer "The Egg"
Old 09-05-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenG View Post
Genny ran all day yesterday without a problem and now engine will not start.

When I turn on the genny the "timer" light illuminates and you can hear a buzzing sound but the start up process do not go any further.

I removed the top of control box (on top of unit) and notice the Bosch relay is the source of the sound. (The manual is a bad photo copy of what appears to be originally printed on a ditto machine. ) What I can read and surmise there are three relays 1) Pre-heat relay 2)run relay 3) starter relay. The preheat relay is the source of the vibration and sound.

Here is what I have tried
1) cleaned positive & negative post
2) Moved Bosch relay to different position. The issue is always with portion 1 preheat buzzing and the start up process not moving on.
3) Checked and cleaned glow plugs. All 3 passing current.
4) No loose or broken wires in control box.
5) Go to the WOG because I am out of ideas.

Low voltage or bad ground at position one??
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 09-06-2016

Sounds like a possible battery issue to me. That's how mine started. No crank condition.
I replaced the battery and it ran for a day. Then I found it had a bad alternator. ($60 on Ebay) Changed that and charged the battery and it cranked but wouldn't start. Bad glow plug relay, Changed all 3. Then it started 3 times and now the starter is bad (Waiting on a new one now (Ebay $160) Don't buy parts from Powertech! (Alt $500 Starter $750)

What happened: Low voltage condition caused high amp draw and fried parts ..... lots of parts. The Isuzu needs glow plugs to start everytime and they put a big draw on the battery before the starter gets a chance. Letting it try to start on a low battery ( or bad ground) will fry stuff.
Birdless for now.
RShrimp@Yahoo.com