Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 01-24-2019

Default WB Chassis heat

I am trying to figure out what is going on with my Chassis heat / air on my '97 WB43, or better said... lack of. A number of things need to be addressed.
Blower motor controls are not working correctly, fan speed Low works, medium speed does nothing, fan Hi works. Although the blower motor spins, it makes a bad struggling spinning noise, probably needs a new motor. We get some heat but fan does not do much.
I opened up dash panel and front panel of Bus to look at box. Any advice on how to get into fans? Is there any reference or diagrams available for a SGM Heating system?
Hard to find any source for diagrams / parts lists ect.
Special note is how amazing the under dash Octopus of hose ducting is. I would think that this set-up is extremely inefficient and the fan speed needs to be on Hi just to move that much air in so many directions. My biggest concern is functioning defrosters.
1997 WB43
1977 FC31 RB Sold

"The tallest guy with the shortest bus acquired a "BIG BUSTA"

<bustadesign@hotmail.com>
Old 01-24-2019

Dave,
I feel your pain. Thank goodness Blue Bird did a better job with the rest of the coach than they did with anything that has to do with heating and AC air movement. The fabrication and workmanship of the overhead AC is terrible and the flexible ducts under the dash are even worse. Wish I could offer more than just sympathy for your problems. Hope replacing the motor will help you out.