Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Coaches For Sale by WOG Members

Coaches For Sale by WOG Members Coaches WOG members have for sale along with a short description. New rules for selling coaches May 1, 2019

Site Search:

Old 07-03-2009
Forum owner

Default did you see the 99LXI for $125K,buybyebluebird.com

we just listed a nice 1999LXI on my website,priced to sell at $125K

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 07-03-2009

Default Coaches for Sale

The latest FMCA Magazine spotlights a 27' class c with a gas engine, 4KW generator, etc. and what appears to be a rather bland interior for $180,495.

Not much value when compared to the 2004 M380 listed at $169k or a 1999 LXI for $125K listed by Randy.
Cat 3208ATAAC-300
12.5kw Kohler/Yanmar (w/slide)
"Magic carpet made of steel"
Steve Goodman 1970

"You never fail until you stop trying".
Old 07-03-2009
Forum owner

in 10 years the Class C will fall apart,and the birds will just be getting warmed up.
There has never been a better time to buy a bird,thats for sure.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 07-03-2009

Default did you see...

Wow, a converted van for 188G's! Maybe I should send the fellow I bought my 'Bird from some more money.
Old 07-03-2009
1983 FC 35 "Casa Billisa"

Randy,

I think you meant to say Class C not FC? Our FC is 26 years old and I think it is just getting broken in.

I was in a showroom a couple weeks ago at Camping World and they had some slick looking thing Class A about 35 feet around $150K marked down to $110. It was literally coming apart in the show room! Paper covered fiberboard for interior panels peeling apart and hinges misaligned in the cabinets etc. It reminded me of the cardboard forts we used to have as kids.

Seeing this made me grateful to know my less than $50K coach, with reasonable care, will likely be around for a long time and provide safe and secure travel to family and friends.

NH Bill
St. Petersburg, Florida
Wanderlodge Social: https://mewe.com/profile/5bfc750ae760be22b1797898
Old 07-03-2009

Yes, but our stuff isn't new. There are lots of folks who just will not consider used as unreasonable as that seems to us. Plus I think (and I could be wrong, Randy would know) that selling any RV without slides is some what challenging. People are looking for the most room for lowest number of bucks in RV's. I owned several trailers before the BB's and when I had them up for sale people looking wanted to know how many munchkins it would sleep and what they could steal it for. And of course they wanted to tow it behind the wifes mini van.

Quality of construction is pretty far down the list for most consumers in my experience. Doesn't matter what you are selling, tooth repairs or toilet paper. Flashy and cheap sells every time.

But on the other side of this. Some of those Birds on Randy's sight look to be so close to new that if you pulled up next to one of those SOB's for similar money and let the new owner see the BB for similar money I would think the SOB buyer would be absolutely sick to the stomach once educated.

I am so glad I am brilliant enough to see the light and bought my BB right off. (of course I had sticks and staples TT and knew what is was like to be sleeping in a card board box like Bill said)

While I am talking just an observation. I've always kinda admired the Prevost but looking over the BB's on Bye Bye Birdie I'd have to say the BB's make a rather impressive showing especially factoring the $$$. I may not know exactly what I am looking at and it might not be a completely fair comparison. I don't think Randy is helping the sale of the Prevost with all the BB'd listed for 1/2 the bucks. Might be an entirely different market too, I understand that.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 07-03-2009
Forum owner

NHBill,you are right of course!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 07-03-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblerboy64 View Post
I am so glad I am brilliant enough to see the light and bought my BB right off. (of course I had sticks and staples TT and knew what is was like to be sleeping in a card board box like Bill said)
This is a great Quote from Heck-Man. We are all brillant and we learned it all from Randy, John, Rob, Woody, and Ernie. Thanks to all
Old 07-03-2009
Forum Moderator

Bill I don't know who said it but a couple of years back this fellow posted this......."I know I was smart enough to buy a Bluebird, I'm just not sure I'm smart enough to own one"
Old 07-03-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Robinson View Post
Bill I don't know who said it but a couple of years back this fellow posted this......."I know I was smart enough to buy a Bluebird, I'm just not sure I'm smart enough to own one"
Rob another great quote,

The reason I like this Forum, It fits in with my home life, it is remedial training.
Definition (concerned with the correction of faulty study habits and the raising of a pupil's general competence).
Patty is a retired 4th grade teacher and I have been retained for the last 25 years in 4th grade, But as long as I keep trying , there is always more encouragement & positive re-enforcement , this is a great life.