Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 09-29-2019

Default Has anyone heard of or used this device

https://www.runswithtogo.com/roadlink-product-details

1991 PT40WB
sskhosravi@gmail.com
www.coddiwomplers.org
Old 09-29-2019

Hey Shahin -- I have not, but considered it until I read some reviews in the Airstream forum. Issue is that the WiFi antenna is built into the outside unit so your devices inside have to connect through the roof. The Airstream guys (all aluminum construction) reported they were only getting weak device connectivity through the roof. I was concerned that my M380 with an aluminum roof would have the same problem. There are no external antenna ports on the unit so no way to attach a separate WiFi antenna inside.

I like the idea but didn't want to take the risk. If you have a good return option, it might be worth a try.

Jim
hexspeed@aol.com
Phone # in Member Profile
Old 09-29-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexspeed View Post
Hey Shahin -- I have not, but considered it until I read some reviews in the Airstream forum. Issue is that the WiFi antenna is built into the outside unit so your devices inside have to connect through the roof. The Airstream guys (all aluminum construction) reported they were only getting weak device connectivity through the roof. I was concerned that my M380 with an aluminum roof would have the same problem. There are no external antenna ports on the unit so no way to attach a separate WiFi antenna inside.

I like the idea but didn't want to take the risk. If you have a good return option, it might be worth a try.

Jim
Thank you Jim,

I recently spent some money on my setup and based on what you are saying it seems like I already have a better setup.

Thanks again,

Shahin

1991 PT40WB
sskhosravi@gmail.com
www.coddiwomplers.org